inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Go Go Gophers

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/26/08 at 3:29 pm

Does anyone remember this cartoon?
There was another one about indians when i was very young............Called "The Funny Company"
Super Chief just talked with a car horn!??

Subject: Re: Go Go Gophers

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/17/08 at 2:48 am

I remember the Go Go Gophers and used to watch them, weren't they on the Rocky & Bullwinkle show. The Soldiers were coyotes.  I haven't seen them in a long time but there may be Youtube vids of the cartoons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7TXnFJNeE

Written By: Sheila on 07/17/08 at 5:38 am

Is that the one where one of them was always asking "What him say?"  ???

Written By: Davester on 07/17/08 at 5:40 pm

Yeah I remember Go-Go Gophers.  Watched it every day, and I mean every day after school.  It was part of the Underdog Show along with Tennessee Tuxedo and the one with the stupid turtle...

The one Indian gopher had a bad stutter and the chief understood what he was saying...

"Woopty-doopty, we have fun..!"

Written By: Davester on 07/19/08 at 3:46 am

It's hard to believe nobody else remembers the Go Gos...

Written By: Mushroom on 07/19/08 at 12:43 pm

I remember this series very well.  And it was often packaged with both Underdog and Tennessee Tuxedo (the only North Pole penguin).

This is sadly one of the classic cartoons that will likely never be broadcast again.  Just like Speedy Gonzales, it is simply not acceptable in today's Politically Correct environment.  And sadly, a great number of classic cartoons are now no longer "PC", everything from Shazzan and The Lone Ranger, to Tarzan and Johnny Quest.  Not to mention most of the classic Tom & Jerry bits.

Written By: Butterball on 07/19/08 at 11:27 pm

Beggin' the Colonel's pardon, but we'll catch you all on the next show.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/20/08 at 4:42 pm

Yeah I remember Go-Go Gophers.  Watched it every day, and I mean every day after school.  It was part of the Underdog Show along with Tennessee Tuxedo and the one with the stupid turtle...
   The one Indian gopher had a bad stutter and the chief understood what he was saying...

"Woopty-doopty, we have fun..!"
oh yeah, that's right. it was the R &  B show. 

I remember this series very well.  And it was often packaged with both Underdog and Tennessee Tuxedo (the only North Pole penguin).

This is sadly one of the classic cartoons that will likely never be broadcast again.  Just like Speedy Gonzales, it is simply not acceptable in today's Politically Correct environment.  And sadly, a great number of classic cartoons are now no longer "PC", everything from Shazzan and The Lone Ranger, to Tarzan and Johnny Quest.  Not to mention most of the classic Tom & Jerry bits.
so true, and yet shows like Family Guy and South Park have a freedom or maybe it's not more freedom, but they push the envelope to intentionally not be PC and I love that, and that they make fun of everyone  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...