inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cartoon Corners general store

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/04/08 at 9:41 pm

Does anyone remember this show? It ran on WCAU in Philly. From 1959-1975. I was on it when I was 4 yrs old it is one of my first memories.
The host was Gene London and he did drawings and told stories. I remember he had a guy on that showed how pretzels were made.
I got to sit on his lap. It was great.

Subject: Re: Cartoon Corners general store

Written By: hot_wax on 10/13/08 at 9:09 pm

Does anyone remember this show? It ran on WCAU in Philly. From 1959-1975. I was on it when I was 4 yrs old it is one of my first memories.
The host was Gene London and he did drawings and told stories. I remember he had a guy on that showed how pretzels were made.
I got to sit on his lap. It was great.

No , but do you remember the Big Top Circus that was out of Philly? It was shown live at 12:00 noon on Saturday's.  I think the last show was aired in 1958, maybe 57', well I was on the last show with my cub scout troop 64, we sat in the kids gallery and the clown act threw can fake can of paint full of confetti at us and I got a mouth full of confetti out of it, but I was camera my family saw me, there wasn't video taping invented then so it's only in memory now. Do you remember the show? 

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/13/08 at 10:53 pm

No , but do you remember the Big Top Circus that was out of Philly? It was shown live at 12:00 noon on Saturday's.  I think the last show was aired in 1958, maybe 57', well I was on the last show with my cub scout troop 64, we sat in the kids gallery and the clown act threw can fake can of paint full of confetti at us and I got a mouth full of confetti out of it, but I was camera my family saw me, there wasn't video taping invented then so it's only in memory now. Do you remember the show? 

It rings a bell, but I would have only been 3 or 4.

Written By: hot_wax on 10/14/08 at 3:39 pm

It rings a bell, but I would have only been 3 or 4.

I just now took a shot and googled the "big top circus 1957" and there's a nice over view of the show and it's history, and to my surprise I found out that clown who through confetti at us was Ed McMahon, his first tv gig...cool

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/15/08 at 6:31 am

I just now took a shot and googled the "big top circus 1957" and there's a nice over view of the show and it's history, and to my surprise I found out that clown who through confetti at us was Ed McMahon, his first tv gig...cool

I just checked it out and it didn't ring a bell but google Gene London and let me know if that rings any bells. But Ed Mc Mahon that was awesome.

Check for new replies or respond here...