inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Birthday Godfather of Rock

Written By: DocL on 10/17/08 at 11:13 pm

CHUCK BERRY

October 18, 1926

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday Godfather of Rock

Written By: hot_wax on 10/28/08 at 5:16 pm

Chuck Berry is one of the four cornerstones in the foundation of rock n' roll. He created a sound that separated rock n' roll from everything else that was accepted as R&R back in the mid 50's. What was unique with his music was his mastering the electric guitar. He created riffs with his guitar that gave Rock N' Roll Music what it needed, it's own identity and keeping his lyrics "safe enough" to be accepted by "white" radio stations.

Many may disagree because they're to young to know, but Chuck Berry is the best electric guitarist ever, he taught the Jimmy's how to play it, they are all his students, they all learned their trade from Chuck Berry...the "Master Guitarist". 

"Happy Birthday" Chuck.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/29/08 at 8:03 pm

I didn't know Chiuck Berry was still alive. Wow.  ;D I'm happy for him though. I cna duck walk like no one's business! LOL!

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/08 at 1:13 am

I still think of that scene in Back to the Future:

"Chuck, this is Marvin.  Your cousin, Marvin Berry!!!  You know that new sound you lookin for?  Well listen to this!"

Happy Belated Birthday to Chuck Berry :)

Written By: hot_wax on 10/30/08 at 2:21 pm

I still think of that scene in Back to the Future:

"Chuck, this is Marvin.  Your cousin, Marvin Berry!!!  You know that new sound you lookin for?  Well listen to this!"

Happy Belated Birthday to Chuck Berry :)

Yeah, the chicken or the egg thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...