inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Dr. Syn: Scarecrow of Romney Marsh"

Written By: woops on 11/18/08 at 11:06 pm

Have anybody seen the series, which was part of Disney  Wonderful World of Color, in the 1960's?

I'm suprised that there's many reviews on Amazon while Donald Duck & Annette currently have less than ten and both are more well known by most people. Even an animation fanatic at the Gold Age of Cartoons board stated that he/she have never heard of the "Scarecrow".

Does anybody here have any recollection about it?  :)

Subject: Re: "Dr. Syn: Scarecrow of Romney Marsh"

Written By: TheLurkerKing on 02/06/09 at 4:24 pm

Yes, I saw it's original broadcast, and all the re-runs. There had been a couple of previous theatrical versions of the story. One from 1937 with George Arliss, which I have never seen, and one from 1962 with Peter Cushing, which I have seen, but I prefer this version of the story.

There was also a comic version of the story published in the children's magazine "Disney Adventures," but since that magazine has ceased publication, I don't know what has happened to the comic version.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/17/09 at 9:19 pm

I watched it whenever it aired .I had a copy of the Theatrical release.
FINALLY in Nov.'08...Disney released a 2 disc Special Edition that included the Theatrical release and 3 part original "The Wonderful World of Disney'.
No local store had it instock.I had to order it online.
Within a couple of weeks.....It was discontinued !!!!!!
What ? I never heard it was a limited edition.
I'm glad I got it when I did !!

Yes, I saw it's original broadcast, and all the re-runs. There had been a couple of previous theatrical versions of the story. One from 1937 with George Arliss, which I have never seen, and one from 1962 with Peter Cushing, which I have seen, but I prefer this version of the story.

There was also a comic version of the story published in the children's magazine "Disney Adventures," but since that magazine has ceased publication, I don't know what has happened to the comic version.

Written By: woops on 02/17/09 at 9:25 pm

It was part of the The Walt Disney Treasures sets, which are known to be given a limited release.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/17/09 at 10:36 pm

I wasn't familiar with that series being limited.
I checked Amazon.com they have 26 "new & used" for sale starting @ $76.00 !!!!

It was part of the The Walt Disney Treasures sets, which are known to be given a limited release.

Check for new replies or respond here...