inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Late 60's Teen Movie

Written By: 90steen on 12/10/08 at 11:34 pm

I've been looking for movies about teenagers from each era, and I have found one for every era but the 60's.

There are plenty of early 60's movies out there, but I'm looking for more of a late 60's movie just about teenagers and their culture and what not.

Any ideas?

Subject: Re: Late 60's Teen Movie

Written By: snozberries on 12/11/08 at 1:39 am

How about Where the Boys Are? (1960)

Written By: snozberries on 12/11/08 at 1:41 am

Also Splendor in the Grass (1961)

I don't know if This Property is Condemned qualifies but Natalie Wood was excellent in it.

and then this is certainly not a teen movie but a movie you should check out To Kill A Mocking Bird.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/11/08 at 2:04 am

I think that The Outsiders era is late 60's 

Written By: debdog42 on 12/11/08 at 3:06 am

What about American Graffiti? "Where were you in '62?"

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/11/08 at 12:41 pm

You ought to check out "Riot On Sunset Strip" (1967) and "Wild In The Streets" (1968). 

Great, cheesy teenage exploitation movies from American International Pictures.  Both of these movies are about the "rebellious youth culture" of the late 60's, and they both have hilarious reinactments of bad LSD trips.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/11/08 at 6:23 pm

I think that The Outsiders era is late 60's 

are we talking films that are set in the 60s but were filmed in other decades or are we talking actual films from the 60s?  (I thought it was the latter)

Written By: snozberries on 12/11/08 at 6:24 pm

You ought to check out "Riot On Sunset Strip" (1967) and "Wild In The Streets" (1968). 

Great, cheesy teenage exploitation movies from American International Pictures.  Both of these movies are about the "rebellious youth culture" of the late 60's, and they both have hilarious reinactments of bad LSD trips.  ;D

for that matter check out the LSD episode of Dragnet... its not a movie but it is hilarious...  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/11/08 at 7:42 pm

are we talking films that are set in the 60s but were filmed in other decades or are we talking actual films from the 60s?  (I thought it was the latter)

I think you're right Q.  90steen wants a movie made in the late 60's about teens from that era but I didn't read it that way when I first checked it out. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/11/08 at 7:48 pm

I think you're right Q.  90steen wants a movie made in the late 60's about teens from that era but I didn't read it that way when I first checked it out. 

well I could have been wrong...I have been wrong before  ;)  (not often tho)

Written By: 90steen on 12/11/08 at 9:54 pm

It's okay  :)

I'll explain more.

You've all given me some early 60's teen movies, which is fine and I'll keep in mind, but I've seen my share of early 60's teen movies, but not late 60's, and the early 60's was different from the late 60's very much so.

But It doesn't matter when the movie was actually made, as long as it's set in the late 60's. (67 - 69)

It's fine.

Sorry to confuse some of you.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/12/08 at 2:10 am

It's okay  :)

I'll explain more.

You've all given me some early 60's teen movies, which is fine and I'll keep in mind, but I've seen my share of early 60's teen movies, but not late 60's, and the early 60's was different from the late 60's very much so.

But It doesn't matter when the movie was actually made, as long as it's set in the late 60's. (67 - 69)

It's fine.

Sorry to confuse some of you.

HEY!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

I  didn't.   ::)

Written By: 90steen on 12/22/08 at 11:38 pm

HEY!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

I  didn't.   ::)

I aplogize.  :)

So far the one I like the best by the looks of is Riot On Sunset Strip, but any other suggestions I'm open to.  ;D

Written By: Cautious Lip on 01/25/09 at 5:37 pm

"Village Of The Giants (1965). Teen angst unleashed when a group of teen-agers become giants. They eat a sausage-looking substance called "Goo" created in High School science class and grow to 5 times their normal height. Think "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" meets "Wild In the Streets". Fun Z-grade movie.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/17/09 at 10:48 pm

I see Wild in the Streets popping up a lot. I love that movie !!
Early sixties- A Summer Place w/ Sandra Dee , Troy Donahue , Dorothy McGuire.
Late sixties - Pretty Poison w/ Tuesday Weld & Anthony Perkins. Great Film !!
                  The Impossible Years -1968
                  Maryjane -1968- w/Fabian & Patty {The Bad Seed} McCormack
                  Doctor,You've Got to be Kidding -1967

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/11/16 at 5:43 pm

Where Angels Go Trouble Follows.  Boyce and Hart doing the theme song.  Late 60's teenybopper heaven. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...