inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Are Dress Clips?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/28/08 at 3:48 pm

Hi Everyone!

I like to look at old costume jewelry from the turn of the century to the 60s and I keep stumbling across something called dress clips. Here's a set of them I found:

http://trifari.com/pics/tkf3336.jpg

What exactly are dress clips and what were they used for?

Thank you!

Subject: Re: What Are Dress Clips?

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/08 at 4:37 pm

http://www.guyotbrothers.com/uses/dress-clips.htm

here are the highlights

DRESS CLIPS.

Probably taken from the sweater clip concept, dress clips are a combination not only of jewelry and accessory item, but adornment and necessity as well.

The dress clip is a very useful accessory when loose, oversized dresses are in fashion. Dress clips are also a helpful tool to those who are in a weight loss program and are not ready to invest in new, smaller-sized clothing.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/28/08 at 8:52 pm

Hey Snoz!

Now I remember the kind of dress clips like they have on that link you sent to me. My teachers in elementary school used to put those on thier dreses. I just had never seen a nice fancy one like the one i posted. I'd be more apt to wear it as a pin on my sweater than hokking it near my back!  :D

Thanks for the info! KARMA

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/08 at 9:07 pm

Hey Snoz!

Now I remember the kind of dress clips like they have on that link you sent to me. My teachers in elementary school used to put those on thier dreses. I just had never seen a nice fancy one like the one i posted. I'd be more apt to wear it as a pin on my sweater than hokking it near my back!  :D

Thanks for the info! KARMA

thanks for the karma.   unfortunately I can't return the favor..... yet.

what can I say I was bored at work and google is my best friend.  ;D

I found tons of links for dress clips. they come in all sorts of styles.

Check for new replies or respond here...