inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Elvis Presley fans, is he dead or alive???

Written By: hot_wax on 06/03/09 at 7:56 pm

I recently was turned on to some U-Tube documentaries clips on some very convincing facts that Elvis faked his death and is under in the "US Witness Protective Program". I'm a big sceptic on publicity stunts and rumors, but I'm swayed to believe the facts are true and I'm starting to believe he is still alive and living in incognito because he worked with President Nixon being a drug informant busting drug dealers, and he was on their "Hit" to kill him. The facts are so blatant that it's hard not to believe them...am I the only one?

Subject: Re: Elvis Presley fans, is he dead or alive???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/03/09 at 11:14 pm

I'm not sure that I agree with that. I actually saw Elvis' step-brother speak years ago..His name was David Stanley. He gave a talk and supposedly he was one of the ones that found him dead. Unless he is making the story up (he seemed pretty convincing)...I would have to say that I think Elvis is probably deceased. Here is an interview that I found of David Stanley:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/stanley.html

Written By: 80sfan on 06/03/09 at 11:50 pm

That would be twisted if he was still alive.  ;D

I've just become a huge fan of him last year.

Written By: hot_wax on 06/04/09 at 12:44 am

I'm not sure that I agree with that. I actually saw Elvis' step-brother speak years ago..His name was David Stanley. He gave a talk and supposedly he was one of the ones that found him dead. Unless he is making the story up (he seemed pretty convincing)...I would have to say that I think Elvis is probably deceased. Here is an interview that I found of David Stanley:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/stanley.html

Hi Quirk Link, That was an interesting interview and what he said supports another theory beside the "drug informer" one, is that before Elvis "died" he associated his life to Howard Hugh's life, and the facts in one documentary says that Elvis was not happy with his life and wanted a new life, a life that passed him by, the one he didn't have for himself, up till then his life belong to everyone else's and wanted a change and faked his death not to disappoint his fans by quiting and really knew he would be trapped forever as Elvis the King and couldn't live his life alone and had to show the world that being dead would put closure to Elvis the King. 3 months before he died he cashed in 2 of 3 million dollar life insurance policies all of his jewelry was unaccounted for  and other things indicating that he took things with him when he walked out of Graceland for good as Elvis Presley, not carried out in a body bag. To me, with all his millions he could have pulled off his own fake death and funeral to show the world the old Elvis is dead and long live the new Elvis or now maybe calling himself John. I'm not totally convinced, there's to many possibilities and clues that he pulled off the biggest hoaxed in history and is being spotted by people today but tell themselves "naaa, it can't be him, he's dead" and all of this time he's hiding in clear view of everyone under the guise of the "thought" he planted in everyone's mind that he's dead! I think he's is alive and well.

Written By: yelimsexa on 06/04/09 at 7:27 am

The "Elvis Is Alive" notices I feel have gotten fewer and fewer as the years have gone by (even though I wasn't even born yet in 1977!) Also, look how far technology has developed since then- we still can't find him. Also, its getting harder and harder to hear him on an oldies station (like all pre-Beatles artists). The relevance is also dwindling. If Elvis was alive, we would be hearing non-stop Elvis all day on not only oldies stations, but also in movie theaters, and on the news! 

Written By: 80sfan on 06/04/09 at 11:15 am

Elvis will always be relevant as a whole. Maybe not to the current generation, but he will always be relevant to the music industry.

He's the first Teen idol ever and a lot of artists copy him.

And he's sold like 500 million albums worldwide and even years later after his death, there's still teenage girls who like him. Yup, in my college class there were two 18 year old girls who visited Graceland.

So people will always remember him!

Written By: hot_wax on 06/04/09 at 12:02 pm

The "Elvis Is Alive" notices I feel have gotten fewer and fewer as the years have gone by (even though I wasn't even born yet in 1977!) Also, look how far technology has developed since then- we still can't find him. Also, its getting harder and harder to hear him on an oldies station (like all pre-Beatles artists). The relevance is also dwindling. If Elvis was alive, we would be hearing non-stop Elvis all day on not only oldies stations, but also in movie theaters, and on the news! 

Yelimsexa, this is what he didn't want, he wanted that life to end hoping he can start a new one. Although you have a point that I've though of also, not the music on radio or the dumb movies he jerked us around with us with, but the souvenir business has sky rocketed in later years after his final "Elvis has left the building" funeral exit. I have "The official catalog of Elvis Presley Enterprises". he sells everything with his name on it from little trinkets and clothing to pool cues and life size cut outs of him in a gold suit. Maybe now this is his only way a to make steady income to support his new life and keep his memory alive to new generations of fans like you. Keep the money rolling in to support his new life. The money machine is being run by someone and I don't think Lisa Maria has the smarts to run it alone. So, when killed off the old Elvis, he killed his way to make an income from touring , LasVegas shows, and making records. So selling official junk with his name on it is the only way he can to bring in the money to live on after 2 decades of spending all of his millions from his insurance policies he cashed in before he left Graceland.

Yes your point is a valid one but with a twist, it is his only way to earn an income to support his new life today, making money from his popularity selling junk with his name on it.Yes, I still think he is alive and doing very well financialy too. 

Written By: loki 13 on 06/04/09 at 6:56 pm

Like other conspiracies, I think too many people would have to keep quite. If he were alive, someone would surely make a death bed
confession about the whole cover up.

My only question is why the family allowed his name to be misspelled on his grave marker? His name was misspelled, Aaron instead of Aron,
on his birth certificate and his father went to great lenghts to correct the mistake yet on the tombstone the misspelling is left untouched.  ???

Written By: hot_wax on 06/05/09 at 12:16 am

Like other conspiracies, I think too many people would have to keep quite. If he were alive, someone would surely make a death bed
confession about the whole cover up.

My only question is why the family allowed his name to be misspelled on his grave marker? His name was misspelled, Aaron instead of Aron,
on his birth certificate and his father went to great lenghts to correct the mistake yet on the tombstone the misspelling is left untouched.  ???

You see what I mean Loki13?  there's these little tidbits that leads me to believe that he's alive again. He did the same thing back in 1960, when the he first died and took on a new life making dumb movies and singing not so good Elvis type songs that his original fan base just couldn't get into. He was lost between two lives then and was guided out with bad management from Parker, he took his heart to Hollywood but his soul was still confused. I didn't pay much attention to his life after he came back from the Army, he wasn't the early Elvis Presley that went into the army, he went in as the "Cool Leader" who changed our society, but came only a "Shadow" of what he was, and lost many his original fans who felt betrayed by the new "Later" Elvis. Yes, he "died" in 1960 also and his Shadow took on a whole new life in Hollywood in the 60's and then in LasVegas in the 70's and his shadow had enough of the empty life it was living and it decided to kill it off 1977 and start a whole new Elvis life gathering a whole new fan base again only not as a celebrity but as John Dow the park bench bird feeder.

My Elvis died in 1960, your Elvis died in 1977 but with his new fan base he created today by selling his souvenirs he will live forever... long live the King, he really did it his way.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/05/09 at 12:23 am

Yeah, I used to hear him and other '50s music on oldies stations during the 90s - sadly they don't play anything before the Beatles now during regular programming.

I agree though, especially with most people having cameraphones and just a mass media, there's no way he could have contact in the world without someone spotting him over the years (unless he was a total recluse, which seems unlikely). Obviously he'd look alot older now too (he'd be 74), so that could be another reason the sightings and discussion has died way down... they know he wouldn't resemble the Elvis people are "used to" seeing.

Written By: hot_wax on 06/05/09 at 1:39 am

Yeah, I used to hear him and other '50s music on oldies stations during the 90s - sadly they don't play anything before the Beatles now during regular programming.

I agree though, especially with most people having cameraphones and just a mass media, there's no way he could have contact in the world without someone spotting him over the years (unless he was a total recluse, which seems unlikely). Obviously he'd look alot older now too (he'd be 74), so that could be another reason the sightings and discussion has died way down... they know he wouldn't resemble the Elvis people are "used to" seeing.

That's the way he wants it today, hiding in plain sight of everyone like Howard Hughs did with long gray hair down to waist and a beard down to his belly and wore street bum clothes and sandals and his finger nails were very long, so if you run across a dude in a park who fits that description feeding birds today you probably found Elvis.

Written By: Frank on 06/06/09 at 5:57 pm

He's dead, but his music will live on for a long, long time.

Written By: hot_wax on 06/06/09 at 10:56 pm

He's dead, but his music will live on for a long, long time.

Yes it will and I hope it go's on for another millennium, but he doesn't record anymore and his fans early 50's fans and his later new fan of the 60's and 70's have all of his recordings already and those dollars from record sales has dried up  today from a saturated market. New fans who where born after 1977 are attracted to the image's of the man who was in his teens and twenties and would barf at the sight of him today in his mid 70's. He knew it was happening when he turned 40, He was losing his looks and his will to live with pity on him as fading star.

He killed that aging image in 1977 and gave his fans what they wanted, the image of an Elvis before he totally lost it all. He put his young images of him on souvenirs and sold them to his fans afterwards. Even today he never ages on his souvenirs and hopes his future fans will buy into that image too. His newly found fans only know the Elvis who played different characters in his movies who sang old fashion grandpa songs and a man dressed in a golden suit on grandma's coffee cup. Although it sounds creepy, it's a very smart marteking move. He killed off an aging image and sells only his early image to keep making money for him. He cut short that fat aging Elvis in 1977, and hid it away, out of the spotlight all these years where today his old 74 year body image is an image only a grandma could still love, not a kid who was born 10, 20 or even 30 ago. He had to do what he he did faking his death to keep his young image alive in the minds of loyal fans, and sell that image on stuff as long as he can to support his money needs.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he's alive and well and one day maybe not so long from now you will see the Aaron spelled correctly on his gravestone, then, if I'm still alive, I'll believe his body will be dead for ever, but the his music and ledgen will live on and on and on...

Written By: 80sfan on 06/07/09 at 1:26 am

You know, I never thought I'd say this, but you people have convinced me that there is a chance Elvis is still alive and very old! Lmao.  ;D ;D

I've always thought Elvis fans who thought Elvis was still alive were crazy until you guys opened my mind!

This thread also taught me not to judge so quickly on someone's opinion.

Written By: hot_wax on 06/07/09 at 2:44 pm

You know, I never thought I'd say this, but you people have convinced me that there is a chance Elvis is still alive and very old! Lmao.  ;D ;D

I've always thought Elvis fans who thought Elvis was still alive were crazy until you guys opened my mind!

This thread also taught me not to judge so quickly on someone's opinion.

80sfan, I'm a big skeptic, a trait taught to me by the school of hard knocks and I always thought the same thing you did, and for 32 years believing that drugs killed him, case closed! but after watching a few practical reasonably senseable people presenting these conflicting circumstances around his death and funeral I see myself  being swayed a little at a time, but not totally convinced yet. I kept on thinking of these facts and it wouldn't leave my mind day in a day out for about a week, like a song that gets into your and you get get rid of it, that's what these documents did to me.

When this happens to me, I step out of the "obvious box" and slice and dice all the facts and throw it on a wall and see what sticks and get from it a whole new perspective on the situation and this is what I got from all the facts. If you take the romantic star stuck view out of the equation and think of Elvis as a money machine that needed a tuneup for the future. So by killing off the aging old fatman Elvis look and just market only the Elvis people loved, the young youthful Elvis he could live foerver, which now ever before he death, lead me to believe it's a prefect gimmick, sell the image of the Elvis everyone fell in love with and he could live forever, in a manor of speaking and the money keeps rolling in...a perfect commodity, very smart on his part, does any other dead celebrity make as much money after their death like Elvis? maybe more money per year than live celebrities in his business...perfect! Long live the King! by buying his young image on a $15.00 pencil box or his $2.00 pencils or an Elvis wig for only $19.95, me personally? I want his limited edition individually numbered Rubber Duck image of the Vegas Elvis for only $14.99 plus shipping...Yes!!

Written By: 80sfan on 06/07/09 at 11:36 pm

80sfan, I'm a big skeptic, a trait taught to me by the school of hard knocks and I always thought the same thing you did, and for 32 years believing that drugs killed him, case closed! but after watching a few practical reasonably senseable people presenting these conflicting circumstances around his death and funeral I see myself  being swayed a little at a time, but not totally convinced yet. I kept on thinking of these facts and it wouldn't leave my mind day in a day out for about a week, like a song that gets into your and you get get rid of it, that's what these documents did to me.

When this happens to me, I step out of the "obvious box" and slice and dice all the facts and throw it on a wall and see what sticks and get from it a whole new perspective on the situation and this is what I got from all the facts. If you take the romantic star stuck view out of the equation and think of Elvis as a money machine that needed a tuneup for the future. So by killing off the aging old fatman Elvis look and just market only the Elvis people loved, the young youthful Elvis he could live foerver, which now ever before he death, lead me to believe it's a prefect gimmick, sell the image of the Elvis everyone fell in love with and he could live forever, in a manor of speaking and the money keeps rolling in...a perfect commodity, very smart on his part, does any other dead celebrity make as much money after their death like Elvis? maybe more money per year than live celebrities in his business...perfect! Long live the King! by buying his young image on a $15.00 pencil box or his $2.00 pencils or an Elvis wig for only $19.95, me personally? I want his limited edition individually numbered Rubber Duck image of the Vegas Elvis for only $14.99 plus shipping...Yes!!

And like you, I'm not 100% convinced, but these facts have made me realize that these possibilities aren't crazy at all!

Written By: hot_wax on 06/08/09 at 9:49 pm

"The first time I appeared on stage, it scared me to death. I really didn't know what all the yelling was about"...Elvis Presley

"The army can do anything it wants with me. I don't want to be different to anyone else"...Elvis Presley

"While Elvis was in the army stationed Germany, he was as popular in Germany as he was in the US. His house always had clusters of fans gathered outside, when he was on the military base there wasn't any fans allowed and he could at least escaped from the spotlight for a while."...Mike Evans author of "The Rock "n" Roll Age" published by Readers Digest 2007, as all these quotes were taken from.

"It's very hard to live up to an image" ...Elvis Presley  ( This quote alone sums up his motive to kill his old age image )

I never thought anything of these quotes from Elvis but after rereading the chapters on Elvis in this book by Mike Evans, these quotes strangely are saying that he was only a man who always wanted a simple normal life and could never have it as Elvis Presley the King of Rock"n" Roll and had to kill that Elvis off in the eyes of the world, in this way they would leave him alone to enjoy a life deep down inside he wanted.

This last quote by him I just can't figure out if he believed it and lived by it or just words like lyrics in a song that he liked to live by, I don't know if it supports or contradicts his life...what do think of it, does it support the theory of him killing off the old Elvis image and live his simple life or did his values conflict with the Elvis the King and Elvis the man and really kill the both the King and the man in his bathroom?

" Values are like finger prints, nobody's are the same, but you leave them all over everything you do...Elvis Presley

Written By: hot_wax on 07/12/09 at 8:45 pm

My deepest condolance's to the Jackson family and his children for the death of Michael. His passing is a great loss and he will be missed by millions of fans all over the world as was Elvis Presley. Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley the were the two most popular entertainers of our generations and will be as popular for an infinity generations to come.

Although I'm not 100% sure that Elvis has died yet. 

Check for new replies or respond here...