inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Little Lulu gets a makeover!!!

Written By: woops on 06/06/09 at 4:15 pm

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/luluteen.jpg

Ugh.... even most of the "Loonatics" were recognizable  :P

source: Cartoon Brew
Teenage Little Lulu manga from Brazil
June 5, 2009 9:00 pm

If you think the U.S. has a monopoly on ruining its classic cartoon stars… have you seen Little Lulu´s Brazilian-made comics revival as a teenager?

Here is more info (in Portuguese) and pictures. Check out the slim Tubby - according to this info, Tubby left his violin to lead a rock band, Annie is the gang’s geek and a videogame freak, Gloria is a fashion expert and Alvin has become a skater and surfer.

Subject: Re: Little Lulu gets a makeover!!!

Written By: woops on 06/06/09 at 4:18 pm

Not much of a  fan of "Little Lulu", I'm tired of seeing classic characters getting "Loonatic'd" (or altered to cash in some fad or whatever like "Baby Looney Tunes", the CGI Garfield specials)

Whoever did the magna could've atleast make them resemble the original characters like on this Fan Art.

(Yeah, the last sentence was contradicting...)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/06/09 at 9:09 pm

why even call it Little Lulu, it looks nothing like the original characters, the characters themselves don't even sound like the originals... stuff like that really irritates me a bit.

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/09 at 9:29 pm

Man, what the hell?  That's just ruining a classic.  I bet those who were around in the era when Little Lulu was popular are not too happy

Written By: gibbo on 06/07/09 at 5:22 pm

why even call it Little Lulu, it looks nothing like the original characters, the characters themselves don't even sound like the originals... stuff like that really irritates me a bit.

Can you be really irritated...a bit?  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...