inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs from 1955

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/03/10 at 11:59 pm

Pick up to 5 of your faves from 1955.

Subject: Re: Songs from 1955

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/04/10 at 3:09 pm

I'll take a shot, even though it's five years before I was born.

I put down 'Other' to select Bill Haley and the Comets' Rock Around The Clock.  That one should be in the list IMO.

I picked Maybelline, Love And Marriage, The Great Pretender, and Tutti Frutti - but I like the two I didn't pick, too.

I have to give honorable mention to the various hit versions of Unchained Melody - I'll tentatively pick Al Hibbler's version for my favorite - did you know there were four hit versions of this song in 1955?  (Not to mention all the later hit versions.)

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/04/10 at 3:36 pm

I'll take a shot, even though it's five years before I was born.

I put down 'Other' to select Bill Haley and the Comets' Rock Around The Clock.  That one should be in the list IMO.

I picked Maybelline, Love And Marriage, The Great Pretender, and Tutti Frutti - but I like the two I didn't pick, too.

I have to give honorable mention to the various hit versions of Unchained Melody - I'll tentatively pick Al Hibbler's version for my favorite - did you know there were four hit versions of this song in 1955?  (Not to mention all the later hit versions.)

I guess I should have put "Rock Around the Clock" on there but I put it under the 1954 hits since it was actually on the radio that year.

There are so many Unchained Melody's out there that I don't who does the famous version (the one from Ghost)  :-[

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/10 at 4:12 pm

There are so many Unchained Melody's out there that I don't who does the famous version (the one from Ghost)  :-[
The Righteous Brothers, which was first a hit for them in 1965.

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/04/10 at 8:28 pm

Mine is in 1956.

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/04/10 at 10:04 pm

The Righteous Brothers, which was first a hit for them in 1965.

I thought so but I wasn't too sure. It's become confusing for me (lol). Thanks Eno!

Check for new replies or respond here...