inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your favorite song from Eddie Fisher

Written By: Nostalgic on 10/09/10 at 4:44 am

My favorite songs are the ones he sang with Hugo Winterhalter, like "Any time", "I'm yours", "Tell me why" and "Wish you were here".

You can have up to 3 votes.

Subject: Re: Your favorite song from Eddie Fisher

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/14/10 at 7:31 am

It's a shame that artists from this "Post-Swing, Pre-Rock" era tend to be mostly underappreciated today (with the exception of Frank Sinatra). It really is a vacation from the currents, recurrents, and oldies that have been the standard for the past few decades. But I like I Need You Now and Oh! My Papa.

Written By: Paul on 10/14/10 at 2:08 pm

He did a cracking little duet of a very old (even then!) number called 'Maybe', with a certain Perry Como (following the trend of most record companies back then of pairing a couple of their artists together...)

I did mention that he didn't have a very distinctive voice (Eddie, not Perry), but he carried this one off well...

Written By: Nostalgic on 10/22/10 at 3:23 am

It's a shame that artists from this "Post-Swing, Pre-Rock" era tend to be mostly underappreciated today (with the exception of Frank Sinatra). It really is a vacation from the currents, recurrents, and oldies that have been the standard for the past few decades. But I like I Need You Now and Oh! My Papa.

I have to agree with you. Until a few years ago, the only singers I knew from the pre-rock 'n' roll fifties were Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holliday. Then I made a conscious effort to find out about the other singers of the time, and many of them were great in their own right, like the late Eddie Fisher.

Check for new replies or respond here...