inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Beatles or the Stones

Written By: Satish on 03/21/11 at 5:42 pm

I prefer the Stones.

Subject: Re: The Beatles or the Stones

Written By: gibbo on 03/21/11 at 7:33 pm

I like some Stones music...however The Beatles were the complete deal (for me). All four could sing and write music .... and therefore, create different sounding songs. The creativity with McCartney, Lennon and. later on, Harrison was groundbreaking and produced some of the most endurable (and recorded) songs in history. The only thing The Stones had over The Beatles was they they managed to stay together. 

Written By: 80sfan on 03/22/11 at 12:16 am

The Beatles. I have no beef against the Stones, actually I like them, but I like the Beatles more.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/22/11 at 6:48 am

Absolutely Beatles!  I like some of the Stones' music but I LOATHE Mick Jagger  8-P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/11 at 11:36 am

No question: The Beatles.

Cat

Written By: Shiv on 03/24/11 at 1:42 am

I love both, however I think the Stones went downhill after Exile on Main st.

Aftermath is one of my all-time favorite albums.

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/24/11 at 1:01 pm

Obviously...The Beatles!

All they needed was 8 years andit seems that NONE of their albums never fell-off the face of the earth (Not even "Yellow Submarine").

But The Rolling Stones...they just became overkill after the 70's and 80's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/11 at 3:40 pm

Can there an option for both please?

Written By: loki 13 on 03/27/11 at 2:38 pm

Since this question is a matter of opinion I shall offer mine. The Rolling Stones are the greatest rock and roll band ever.
Not the best but the greatest because of their longevity and adaptability. Both bands are made up of mediocre at best
musicians and above average lyricist but it was the Stones who were able to adapt with the times. From the rock of the
60's, country rock of the early 70's. From disco to 80's crap to 90's pop the Stones did it all. The Beatles, as a group, were
unable or unwilling to adapt and because of that, the Stones are the greatest ever.

Check for new replies or respond here...