inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does too young to be a hippie = Gen X?

Written By: belmont22 on 09/21/12 at 5:04 pm

There's this idea that if you can't remember before the Internet was popular, it means you are part of Generation Z. If that's the case, is anyone who wasn't a teenager in the 60s part of Generation X? Would someone born in 1958 not be a real baby boomer but better lumped in with somebody born in the 70's?

Subject: Re: Does too young to be a hippie = Gen X?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/21/12 at 5:17 pm

You're never too young to be a hippie.

Written By: Jenny1982 on 09/21/12 at 10:12 pm

You're never too young to be a hippie.

What he said. You make no sense. I know of a hippie I saw in 2003. He was in his late 30s.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/12 at 10:36 pm

Yes.

You can grow a beard, smoke dope, and talk peace, love, and talk Eastern spirituality, but you can't be a hippie.

Sorry.

Or is that not what you wanted to hear?
???

Written By: belmont22 on 09/22/12 at 10:40 pm

Yes.

You can grow a beard, smoke dope, and talk peace, love, and talk Eastern spirituality, but you can't be a hippie.

Sorry.

???

I think you're right, you can be a neo-hippie but you can't be a hippie today. I think most original hippies, such as my grandmother would probably agree. The hippies were a distinct historical group. I can't be a hippie any more than I can be a Pilgrim. I can dress and Bible-thump like a Pilgrim but it wouldn't make me one.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/12 at 6:09 am

Yes.

Sorry.

???

I think that's more Woodstock.

Check for new replies or respond here...