inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I was named after/ I share my name with a relative who was born during...

Written By: The Valley Goth on 02/13/14 at 6:39 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I share my exact first and last names with a female relative (from my father's side) who was born during 1598, and who died tragically during 1603, at only about 5, or so.  I've always wondered about what the little girl looked like, about what her life was like, and about how she died.  I've always been sort of sorrowfully fascinated by the little Renaissance girl whose name I share.

I'm curious to know if any of YOU were named after/ share your names with relatives from some bygone era, and how much you know about said relatives.
8)

Subject: Re: I was named after/ I share my name with a relative who was born during...

Written By: Howard on 02/13/14 at 7:08 am

I was named after my Father's Father, his name was Harry Starr. He died a year before I was born in 1973.

Subject: Re: I was named after/ I share my name with a relative who was born during...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/14 at 11:39 am

Option not list in poll.

I was not named after anyone in my family, I am the first to bear my first name.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/14 at 12:42 pm

I was named after my mother's grandmother but I do not have the same name as she did. I was named a variation of her Baptismal name-that she NEVER went by.

Cat

Written By: Paul on 02/13/14 at 12:46 pm

No idea where my first name came from, or who it was inspired by - I think it must have been the first time it was used in the family.

My middle name came from my grandfather (my Ma's dad) who died the year before I was born...he was born in 1911, so consequently didn't live into his sixties...

Written By: danootaandme on 02/14/14 at 5:38 am

I was named after my mother, who was named after her uncle who died as an infant, they shared a birthday. 

Written By: Howard on 02/14/14 at 7:09 am

My middle name Paul was named after My Mother's uncle.

Written By: Henk on 02/15/14 at 2:22 am

I was named after my grandfather (my mother's father), who died nine years before I was born.

I shared my name with an uncle (my mother's brother) but he died unexpectedly when I was barely in my teens.

Check for new replies or respond here...