inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Love Lucy Poll

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/16 at 2:03 pm

Okay so a friend on fb posted a video from a classic moment in tv history. (List vs the candy conveyer belt if you're wondering).

Anyway, she asked "who remembers this?" And a mutual friend of ours replied "who doesn't?"

That for me wondering....in this day an age is Lucy as popular today and as memorable as she was in her day or even in my day? 

Please reply and feel free to discuss your favorite eps.

I'm doing one other poll on Lucy.... I'll post it separately.

Subject: Re: I Love Lucy Poll

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 10/07/16 at 2:37 pm

It was a Nick@Nite staple when I was growing up so I've probably seen close to every episode.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/07/16 at 3:17 pm

I never really watched it, since I'm not a big fan of 50s TV. It doesn't really have the same qualities compared to the 90s and 2000s.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/16 at 3:36 am

I've only seen clips of the show.

The true close encounter with Lucille Ball for me is the coach bus filled with Lucille Ball impersonators going to an I Love Lucy convention in the movie "Rat Race".

If the video works?

AIPb1OMTZ0Q

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 10/08/16 at 4:51 am

We have a box collection of I Love Lucy, but I've only seen bits and pieces of the show. My mom loves it, and her mom/my grandma gave her the box set.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/16 at 6:56 am

I  never grew up watching I Love Lucy, I knew of Lucille Ball when she was older.

Written By: Mat1991 on 10/09/16 at 12:31 am

I enjoy watching the show every now and then, like before I go to bed. I do admit that, humor-wise, it's kind of overrated besides a few classic scenes (like the candy conveyor belt and "Vitameatavegamin" scenes) because its humor is so dated.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/10/16 at 6:32 pm

I enjoy watching the show every now and then, like before I go to bed. I do admit that, humor-wise, it's kind of overrated besides a few classic scenes (like the candy conveyor belt and "Vitameatavegamin" scenes) because its humor is so dated.

That's pretty much the reason why I don't want to enjoy "I Love Lucy".

Written By: nally on 10/11/16 at 12:29 am

I've seen ALMOST every episode, not quite all of 'em.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/16 at 4:02 am

Btw, it was on this day (October 15th) in 1951 when "I Love Lucy" premiered on CBS-TV.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/15/16 at 10:56 am

Btw, it was on this day (October 15th) in 1951 when "I Love Lucy" premiered on CBS-TV.

65 years later, and I'm pretty sure it's a classic to mostly Silent era babies and early Baby Boomers.

Check for new replies or respond here...