inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Love Lucy - settings poll (choose two)

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/16 at 2:13 pm

Okay so in order to keep the series fresh they often changed the setting of the show from the original locale New York to various places they traveled to.

I have eliminated New York as an option because the majority of the show was set there but I'm curious which location did you like best???

I was only going to give one vote but I decided to be nice and allow you to choose two.

Subject: Re: I Love Lucy - settings poll (choose two)

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/16 at 2:21 pm

I honestly didn't enjoy the road trip eps but since I started the poll I decided to take it.

I picked Cali bc I really disliked the Florida and Connecticut and cruise ship eps. The road trip and train trip was a close second but Europe edged out for one ep and one ep only. There's a scene in Paris where Lucy is questioned by the police but she doesnt speak French and he doesn't speak English so. They have the French cop translate to a cop who speaks French & German who speaks to a dude who speaks German and Spanish who tells Ricky who tells Lucy.  I love this ep so damn much.

Phillip can you mind the trick to get YouTube videos to link from my phone? I forgot what you said.

https://youtu.be/DH9oFfl-Rfo

Written By: nally on 10/08/16 at 12:45 am

I definitely enjoyed both the California arc and the Europe arc.

In fact, I have box sets of both of those on video (yep, the ol' VHS).

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/16 at 2:51 am

I definitely enjoyed both the California arc and the Europe arc.

In fact, I have box sets of both of those on video (yep, the ol' VHS).

Nice...

Written By: 80sfan on 10/08/16 at 3:06 am

I liked what I've seen of the show, but I haven't seen enough to know much about the show.  ;)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/12/16 at 10:54 am

California and cruise ship..

I guess.

Check for new replies or respond here...