inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1960's Commercial

Written By: Sassychero on 12/09/16 at 10:21 pm

I have a very vivid memory of a shampoo commercial sometime in the 60's, and I want to say it was Herbal Essence Shampoo, where the chick looks into the mirror and says, "Who am I?  Where am I?  I feel like a squirrel!!"

It's not the baby powder commercial, I distinctly remember it as being a shampoo or hair color or something along those lines;  And those where the words she said into the mirror.  I know I'm not nuts and I couldn't be remembering something so specific erroneously.  My Mom and Sister and I used to use those lines anytime we were admitting we didn't remember or were confused about something from "...back then...". 

Any help anyone can give will be appreciated.  That commercial and the Easy Off Oven Cleaner from the late 50's early 60's were my very favorite commercials.  I mean really who wouldn't love a commercial showing a woman sitting up in bed, late at night, beautifully coiffed, hands just under the covers and saying, "I'm cleaning any my oven."  ROFL Oh my Mom never even thought of that connotation until I explained it to her!! LOL  Just thinking of it now makes me LMAO!  Same with the shampoo/hair color commercial. These days, I totally "...feel like a squirrel..." and i don't even have to be cleaning my oven!

Thanks in advance.  And please, feel free to share your favorite commecials from the 50's and 60's!  I'd love to take the walk down memory lane!!  (After you answer my question of course! ;)  ) 

Happy trails everyone!!
♥ ♥ ♥

Check for new replies or respond here...