inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Beatles Album

Written By: Lizardmatum on 10/25/17 at 3:51 pm

There's no denying that they made great music. Their songs had a lot of variety and style as well so as a result it's hard to choose. I was introduced to them properly through the red and blue albums and I just bought Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band today as it's one of my favorites my other favorite is Magical Mystery Tour released the same year. What is your favorite Beatles album and why?

Subject: Re: Favorite Beatles Album

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/17 at 3:57 pm

This should have a poll attached.

I am in a fortunate position of hearing these albums on initial release, my sister had them all. I like several songs on Sgt. Pepper's, and the other albums, which leads to my favourite is Abbey Road.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 10/25/17 at 4:01 pm

This should have a poll attached.

I am in a fortunate position of hearing these albums on initial release, my sister had them all. I like several songs on Sgt. Pepper's, and the other albums, which leads to my favourite is Abbey Road.

Oh that's awesome! You heard them when they were new which is very cool. Good idea about the poll as well I'll add it

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/27/17 at 10:10 pm

I picked "Rubber Soul".  :)  (And I refer to the American version - the one that helped precipitate that infamous "Butcher Cover".  I digress.)

Rubber Soul is so cohesive - so full - so alive, it's one masterpiece to the next all through.  I guess you can say that about a number of Beatles' albums, but Rubber Soul gets me the most.  Plus with Rubber Soul, you can tell they progressed from their early mop-top sound, but still had a bit of that early innocence.  It was a near toss-up though - Revolver and Sgt. Pepper are right up there for me, too.

(I guess if we're talking American album versions, the list would have to include Yesterday and Today - not a very cohesive album in my book, but contains some awesome songs...)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/18 at 4:23 pm

It HAS to be Abbey Road. Why? It was my first Beatles' album (and I believe the only one I ever had on vinyl).

My other favs are Sgt Pepper, The White Album, & Let it Be. I have them all on CD.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/13/18 at 6:09 pm

I honestly cannot decide; it is hard to single out just one of 'em. They're all good in one way or another. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...