inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song of the south - 1946

Written By: Dude111 on 04/25/18 at 9:40 am

I just found an NTSC VHS copy of this movie from the UK last week and I ordered it......

WHAT IS SO "HIGHLY OFFENSIVE" AS DISNEY SAYS???

WHAT A GORGEOUS MOVIE...... Screw them and thier stupid views and trying to keep things from people!! (This movie is no worse then GONE WITH THE WIND and certainly no worse than BLAZING SADDLES)

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!!

The UK company did a direct copy from the PAL tape to an NTSC machine so there is no speedup........ The audio is slighly lower as you'd expect with a copy but its beautiful.... Looks exactly as im sure it does on the PAL tape!!

Its a wonderful film...... Alot of songs and stories I have heard!!!!

SCREW THE USA AND THIER STUPID VIEWS!!!!!!

Subject: Re: Song of the south - 1946

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/25/18 at 4:01 pm

In 1946, the world was VERY racial. In 2018, the world is VERY racial but we are SUPPOSED to be more sensitive to people of different races, religions, etc. I'm sure I saw Song of the South many, many years ago but don't remember it all. Of course I remember Zip-a-dee-do-dah. (Today when I heard that song, I think of John Boehner but that is another story.)

Song of the South was very stereotypical characters and I think that is why people found it offensive.

Cat 

Subject: Re: Song of the south - 1946

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/25/18 at 4:19 pm

I found this that you might find interesting.

http://screencrush.com/song-of-the-south-racism/

Cat

Subject: Song of the south - 1946

Written By: Dude111 on 04/25/18 at 10:52 pm

Thank you Cat,you might be right.......

Check for new replies or respond here...