inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Buffy from Family Affair

Written By: andersenb11775 on 12/11/18 at 5:06 am

I only met Family Affair in the 1990s reruns. Anissa Jones had been dead for over 20 years by that time. While you can see why America fell in love with Buffy, by Season 5, you realize that Buffy should have been recast with someone who wasn't mentally burnt-out and emotionally damaged.
This Buffy screencap is interesting because Buffy has tan lines that the show's makeup artists really should have concealed:
https://i.imgur.com/qF5DoFQ.jpg

Subject: Re: Buffy from Family Affair

Written By: gibbo on 12/14/18 at 3:06 am

Ah yes ... Buffy, Jodie, Sissy, Uncle Beeaall (Bill) and Mr French.  I watched the original series.

Written By: Contigo on 08/30/21 at 6:31 pm

It was 45 years ago on August 28th that she passed away.
She was such a likeable kid on that show, and so was Jodie.

From wiki: The coroner's report listed Jones’ death as a drug overdose, later ruled accidental; cocaine, PCP, Quaalude, and Seconal were found in her body during an autopsy toxicology examination. The police report also indicated a small vial of blue liquid next to Jones at the scene, which was never identified. The coroner who examined Jones reported she died from one of the most severe drug overdoses he had ever seen. Jones was 18 years old.
:\'( :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/31/21 at 6:52 am

It was 45 years ago on August 28th that she passed away.
She was such a likeable kid on that show, and so was Jodie.

From wiki: The coroner's report listed Jones’ death as a drug overdose, later ruled accidental; cocaine, PCP, Quaalude, and Seconal were found in her body during an autopsy toxicology examination. The police report also indicated a small vial of blue liquid next to Jones at the scene, which was never identified. The coroner who examined Jones reported she died from one of the most severe drug overdoses he had ever seen. Jones was 18 years old.
:\'( :\'(

That's sad, if she had lived, how old would she have been?

Written By: Contigo on 08/31/21 at 9:24 am

That's sad, if she had lived, how old would she have been?

Born March 11, 1958

Written By: Howard on 08/31/21 at 1:17 pm

Born March 11, 1958

Thanks. O0

Written By: andersenb11775 on 09/03/21 at 3:34 am

I wonder if, had Anissa lived, CBS would have revisited the Davis clan in the eighties ala “A Very Brady Christmas”?

An elderly Anissa doing MeTv promos either as Buffy or herself?

Check for new replies or respond here...