inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Romeo & Juliet (1597)

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/12/19 at 1:01 am

What was your least and most favourite scenes of the story, and who were your favourite characters? This story might be cheesy to some of you guys, but it's not 100% bad, it has some good parts.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

My least favourite scene was when Romeo and Juliet both killed themselves (Doesn't everybody get sad or mad at this scene?), and my personal favourite scene was when Juliet was at the Balcony, and Romeo was way below her, and at first, Juliet talks about her love with Romeo out loud, while Romeo eavesdropped, and then it turned into a conversation, which I found kinda cute.

My Personal favourite character: Either Mercuito or Benvolio
My Least favourite character: Tybalt

Subject: Re: Romeo & Juliet (1597)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/19/19 at 4:05 pm

I played Juliet in this voice acting dialogue. This is the death scene. I did ok lol but I feel I over did myself. Romeo is played by Josh Moret. We performed this at the Providence Performing arts on January 5th 2019. I am on at 2:00 minutes into the scene. I hope you all like it!

fHS4U4_r4kw

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/19 at 4:48 pm

Romeo & Juliet is classic (like ALL of Shakespeare's plays). When I was about 3 years old, I remember my grandmother reciting from it which has always stayed with me-but I would recite it this way: "Good-night, good-night. Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say good-night until it be tomorrow". (Instead of "...until it be morrow." ) But, as a 3 year old, I was given a pass. It wasn't until high school when I actually READ the play that I realized that I had been saying it wrong all those years.

R&J isn't my favorite Shakespeare play. I actually prefer A Mid Summer's Night Dream.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 12:53 am

At school, I was forced to study the plays and sonnets of William Shakespeare, and was, at the time, bored to death, but now I am interested and wish to see a filmed version of each play.

At school, I was told briefly about "Romeo and Juliet", but the main play I was taught on was "Richard II", one of the lesser royal plays, with the chance to see it live on stage.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/20/19 at 12:58 am

I played Juliet in this voice acting dialogue. This is the death scene. I did ok lol but I feel I over did myself. Romeo is played by Josh Moret. We performed this at the Providence Performing arts on January 5th 2019. I am on at 2:00 minutes into the scene. I hope you all like it!

fHS4U4_r4kw

That was amazing! Love how both of you put a lot of effort into the acting scene, I love the dramatic effect of your voice in the performance too, it could make an audience real emotional  ;)

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/20/19 at 12:59 am

Romeo & Juliet is classic (like ALL of Shakespeare's plays). When I was about 3 years old, I remember my grandmother reciting from it which has always stayed with me-but I would recite it this way: "Good-night, good-night. Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say good-night until it be tomorrow". (Instead of "...until it be morrow." ) But, as a 3 year old, I was given a pass. It wasn't until high school when I actually READ the play that I realized that I had been saying it wrong all those years.

R&J isn't my favorite Shakespeare play. I actually prefer A Mid Summer's Night Dream.

Cat

Oh cool!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 5:04 am

I just want to go to Verona in Italy to see the balcony for that famous scene.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/20/19 at 12:53 pm

That was amazing! Love how both of you put a lot of effort into the acting scene, I love the dramatic effect of your voice in the performance too, it could make an audience real emotional  ;)

Thank you!! I actually cried throughout the entire scene. Thanks to Romeo lol.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/20/19 at 5:17 pm

Thank you!! I actually cried throughout the entire scene. Thanks to Romeo lol.

Lol

But yeah, act 3 was the turning point though, when Tybalt killed Mercuito, and Romeo killed Tybalt, and got banished, and Juliet got really upsey

Written By: violet_shy on 03/25/19 at 2:17 pm

Lol

But yeah, act 3 was the turning point though, when Tybalt killed Mercuito, and Romeo killed Tybalt, and got banished, and Juliet got really upsey

When they meet and fall in love...*sigh*

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/19 at 3:11 am

Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

_Od7gx3Dc-U

Written By: violet_shy on 02/14/20 at 10:24 pm

Ok this is the remastered version of my very first voice acting performance. I play Juliet at 2:00 minutes, and Romeo is played by a then voice acting partner his name is Josh Moret. This was performed at the Providence Performing Arts on January 5th. I think I over did it though and my performance is TOO over dramatic. But everyone says I did great! So here it is:

k-HvWMxZ060

Written By: Contigo on 03/25/21 at 3:02 pm

Two Words ; Olivia Hussey
Everyone from my generation had a crush on her (Romeo and Juliet film, 1968)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/21 at 3:13 pm

My favourite musical was inspired by William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. "West Side Story" the music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, with score for the musical includes "Jet Song", "Something's Coming", "Maria", "Tonight", "America", "Cool", "One Hand, One Heart", "I Feel Pretty", "Somewhere", "Gee, Officer Krupke" and "A Boy Like That". The songs "Tonight" and "Somewhere" which takes a phrase from the slow movement of Beethoven's 'Emperor' Piano Concerto, which forms the start of the melody, and also a longer phrase from the main theme of Pyotr Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake.

I totally adore the 1961 film, and looking forward to the the Steven Spielberg remake due for a release this year at Christmas time, it would had been released much earlier if not for the pandemic.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/08/21 at 10:40 pm

I want to repost my Romeo and Juliet voice acting performance. I play Juliet, and a good friend of mine named Josh Moret plays Romeo. This scene took many hours to perfect. Buuut,..I'm a natural! *tosses her hair*

This is the scene where Romeo and Juliet take their lives. I had to sob and cry and pretty much sound helpless. It's not easy but listening to Romeo's part actually brought tears to my eyes. Helping me make my voice acting sound more realistic.

This was performed at PPAC(Providence Performing Arts Center) early last year. Way before Covid.

3PO7ZO3dyOk                       

Check for new replies or respond here...