inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 1950s

Written By: violet_shy on 09/11/21 at 11:05 pm

I think the 50s were similar to the 80s. But I won't get into that as it is considered decadeology.

I like the 1950s. I love that families sat down together to have family dinners every night in the manner that they did. I try to implement that in my own family these days. Also, from what I have watched, people were more caring and polite in the 50s. Not saying that there aren't any caring people today...because there are. But what I mean is in the 50s it seemed like people cared more about little gestures of kindness. Such as holding a chair for a lady. It must seemed like simpler times.

h8kJzBJrOkU                     

Subject: Re: The 1950s

Written By: Howard on 09/14/21 at 6:58 am

My Father loves his Doo-Wop and his Doo-Wop music, he listens to it all the time and he knows so much about the genre that he grew up listening to it since the late 50's and early 60's. He has a chat room he communicates with people with the same musical tastes, My Father and I also used to listen to WCBS-FM here in NY when it was an "oldies" station. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/14/21 at 7:07 am

My Father loves his Doo-Wop and his Doo-Wop music, he listens to it all the time and he knows so much about the genre that he grew up listening to it since the late 50's and early 60's. He has a chat room he communicates with people with the same musical tastes, My Father and I also used to listen to WCBS-FM here in NY when it was an "oldies" station. 
My father still hung onto the Glenn Miller sound, and my mother like all sorts.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/21 at 1:33 pm

My father still hung onto the Glenn Miller sound, and my mother like all sorts.

I just put a price tag on 3 Glenn Miller records that will go out into my yard sale this weekend. We shall see if anyone wants them. Please don't ask me how much because I have priced so many items that I can't remember what I priced each item.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/14/21 at 1:44 pm

I just put a price tag on 3 Glenn Miller records that will go out into my yard sale this weekend. We shall see if anyone wants them. Please don't ask me how much because I have priced so many items that I can't remember what I priced each item.

Cat
With my father's love for the music of Glenn Miller, it was played most of the time, and it drove to dislike that form of music, and still will not listen to it today, but will bear it if featured in a movie.

Written By: Howard on 09/14/21 at 3:19 pm

Cat

Good Luck with it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/14/21 at 3:42 pm

Cat
Any little brown jugs in your yard sale?  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/21 at 4:50 pm

Any little brown jugs in your yard sale?  :)

Nope, but I do have a bunch of antique whiskey bottles.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/14/21 at 4:53 pm

Cat
With contents long gone?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/21 at 4:54 pm

With contents long gone?

Of course. They were gone before they came into my possession.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/14/21 at 9:22 pm

Cat

Hope your yard sale goes well.  Are you flying solo, or is it what happens occasionally around here where the whole neighborhood has yard sales simultaneously?

Written By: Howard on 09/15/21 at 4:11 am

Cat

Did You And Carlos used to drink a lot?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/21 at 1:44 pm

Did You And Carlos used to drink a lot?

If you have READ my previous post...

Cat

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/21 at 2:17 pm

Cat
Where have all the whiskey gone?
Long time passing.
Hic!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/15/21 at 3:02 pm

Cat, Do you have a favorite Doo-Wop group?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/21 at 3:44 pm

Cat, Do you have a favorite Doo-Wop group?

Can't say I have any favorite group but I do some Doo-Wop songs like In The Still Of The Night & Stay.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/16/21 at 4:34 am

Can't say I have any favorite group but I do some Doo-Wop songs like In The Still Of The Night & Stay.

Cat

My Father's favorite are The Elegants "Where Are You Little Star"? :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/21 at 4:45 am

My Father's favorite are The Elegants "Where Are You Little Star"? :)
Would the The Flamingos' "I Only Have Eyes For You" be described as a Doo-Wop song?

Check for new replies or respond here...