inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bobby Pickett's "Monster Mash" turns 60 this year

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/31/22 at 8:20 pm

This seems like the novelty Halloween anthem. I've been hearing a lot this year, ever since it was featured in an episode of The Watcher.

vNuVifA7DSU

Subject: Re: Bobby Pickett's "Monster Mash" turns 60 this year

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/31/22 at 9:46 pm

This seems like the novelty Halloween anthem. I've been hearing a lot this year, ever since it was featured in an episode of The Watcher.

vNuVifA7DSU

O0 Cool!  I posted this same song under "60's Song Of The Day" but a different video.  Did you know Leon Russell played on it?

Written By: nally on 10/31/22 at 11:45 pm

O0 Cool!  I posted this same song under "60's Song Of The Day" but a different video.  Did you know Leon Russell played on it?

I for one did not know that he contributed to the recording. Interesting fact!

Written By: Howard on 11/01/22 at 2:46 am

I think this is a great song to play for Halloween night.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/01/22 at 8:28 am

I think this is a great song to play for Halloween night.

It's very popular for Halloween parties. I heard it somewhere last weekend. It's a very catchy tune.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/22 at 2:09 pm

When I was about 13 or so, I had a couple of friends and we used to "act out" a bunch of songs. This was one of them. My part was backup and "Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist?" I doubt it still exists anymore but there used to be a tape out there somewhere of our recording of this (as well as other songs). But, to this day, I can't listen to this song without doing the backup. lol.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...