inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Photoshop contests?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/31/05 at 10:00 pm

Is there any interest in photoshop contests for the website?  stuff dealing with music would be preferred

does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Subject: Re: Photoshop contests?

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 08/31/05 at 10:02 pm

I have no idea whatsoever.
;)

Written By: Gonfunko on 09/01/05 at 2:56 pm

Photoshop contests are always fun...anybody wanna kick about $500 my way so I can get it? Looks like I'll be having to go back to 5.0 under Classic....  :(

Written By: EthanM on 09/02/05 at 2:40 pm

If anyone wants to have a competition photoshopping my headshot so it looks decent and is the right size let me know and we can start immediately.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/03/05 at 1:16 am

Chuck, maybe you could invite people to do humorous photoshop artworks for parodies, for example a pair of mangoes in a western shootout scene for Stu's "Duelling Mangoes" or whatever. The author of the parody could use their password to approve or refuse the image as appearing on the same page underneath the google ads or whatever.

Written By: K1chyd on 09/05/05 at 3:49 am

How about something along the lines of altering the really classic album covers, like the rolling stones first tongue album art or the Nirvana svimming baby or the Van Halen smoking baby from 1984?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/05/05 at 8:45 am

How about something along the lines of altering the really classic album covers, like the rolling stones first tongue album art or the Nirvana svimming baby or the Van Halen smoking baby from 1984?

I was thinking of stuff like that.  Or the performers themselves.  Right now, I'm using album covers wherever I can to at least add some pictures to the site.  If I haf parody pictures of albums or bands, I could use those instead. 

For example:

http://www.amiright.com/artists/greenday.shtml

I've redesigned the band summary pages the other day.  There's now a large album image in addition to the smaller ones.  I'd love to have a parody of one of the Green Day album covers to put there instead.

I've also thought of humorous band bios too, but those might be more work than most people would want to do.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/07/05 at 2:46 am

Ooh, I've noticed a lot more visual ads down the side of parodies. Groovy stuff.
I would adore doing parodies of album covers, I'll do some after this week.

Check for new replies or respond here...