inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New sections.... Music jokes. Filk?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/05 at 2:01 pm

I was thinking of a new section for jokes, riddles, one liners and the such for music topics.  I looked around at music humour type sites, and they all look really, really lame.  Loads of cheesy clip art and obnoxious ads, etc.  So I was thinking of setting up a section on amiright for that, minus all the nonsense.

People have asked me before about doing a filk section.  Are there still people interested in that? Filk is sci-fi folk music for those who have never heard the term before.  I've held off on doing a section strictly for it before, but now that I've cleaned up a lot of the back end stuff for the site, I could potentially create a new section for it.  It would need different voting categories (funny and pacing clearly not applicable on original works).  I generally try and gear new site features towards music and humor, which filk doesn't always fit into, so I'm not sure if it would be a good fit or not.  I just know there's some cross over for people who write parodies, who probably also do filk if they're into sci-fi.

Check for new replies or respond here...