inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Caption Bono

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/04/05 at 10:38 am

A photo of U2's frontman from the European leg of U2's current "Vertigo" tour:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Site_Graphic/2005/10/04/1128431927_3872.jpg

Subject: Re: Caption Bono

Written By: Red Ant on 10/04/05 at 2:27 pm

"Bono plays at an elementary school in front of a sun drawing done by the first grade students" or

"Hey guys, red machinists' goggles are still cool"

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 10/04/05 at 8:17 pm

"The second coming of Christ was quite the anti-climax."

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/05 at 10:57 am

"Bono does John Lennon's 'Bigger than Christ' comment one better"

man... what a pretentious picture, like what Warhol would have done if he had been born in different century...  I was trying to remember the name of a famous Renaissance painter who worked in this style, but maybe that type of imagery is pre-Renaissance.  I only studied contemporary art in college, so my art history is pretty bad.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/05/05 at 12:21 pm

Eh, what a crappy picture. Really, it's not really captionable...so obvious.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/05 at 12:32 pm

Eh, what a crappy picture. Really, it's not really captionable...so obvious.

I was thinking that too... the best pictures for captioning are the ones that look strange when there is no context.  This one isn't a photo so much as a lame piece of artwork (looks like something you'd find on a geocities site, not the Globe)

I think one of the rules for the caption section, will be something like "Photographs only, no artwork".  Bad art has it's own place in hell reserved for it anyways.  I think it's the room they make art critics sit in for the rest of their lives.  Heck, linking to sites with cheasy fan art could be an interesting project in it's own right

we're beating up the picture, not you Johnny D >grin<

Written By: YWN on 10/05/05 at 12:39 pm

First of all, Bono's ego disgusts me.

Second...

"Come and worship your true lord."

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/05/05 at 1:39 pm

I was thinking that too... the best pictures for captioning are the ones that look strange when there is no context.  This one isn't a photo so much as a lame piece of artwork (looks like something you'd find on a geocities site, not the Globe)

I think one of the rules for the caption section, will be something like "Photographs only, no artwork".  Bad art has it's own place in hell reserved for it anyways.  I think it's the room they make art critics sit in for the rest of their lives.  Heck, linking to sites with cheasy fan art could be an interesting project in it's own right

we're beating up the picture, not you Johnny D >grin<

No offense taken, Chucky.     ;D   

Check out "Caption Bono, Take 2" --- I believe it fits your criteria MUCH better!

Written By: philbo on 10/05/05 at 4:27 pm

Caption:

Pro Bono Prat-halo?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/10/05 at 1:41 pm

I am Bono, bow before your ruler!

Just then Mrs. Harrison's grade four class retaliated by throwing their lunchs at him!

Check for new replies or respond here...