inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cool site of the day - Friday October 7th

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/05 at 9:01 pm

amiright will be the cool site of the day, on Friday October 7th.

http://www.coolsiteoftheday.com/

I'm sure we're cool everyday, but Friday especially so.

I believe these were the guys who started the whole 'cool site of the day/week/month' thing way back in the mid-90s when I was just beginning my first sites. Not sure how many people still check these guys out, guess we'll find out on Friday.

If you're going to submit a parody soon, I'd recommend Friday, and I'd also recomend the funniest title you can so it really stands out.  We might get an increase in comment spam, and I'm probably going to be way more picky about the sexual content in parodies for that day too. 

Subject: Re: Cool site of the day - Friday October 7th

Written By: EthanM on 10/05/05 at 9:11 pm

maybe i should pick up the pace on my blinded by the light parody

Was this the same site that amiright was listed on a couple of years ago or was that different? Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/05 at 9:32 pm

maybe i should pick up the pace on my blinded by the light parody

Was this the same site that amiright was listed on a couple of years ago or was that different? Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

I was wondering about that as well... I can't remember to be honest.

They do voting, so when Friday rolls around, I'll put up a link and encourage people to go vote.  The highest scoring sites are then nominated for site of the year.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/06/05 at 2:15 pm

Sneek peak at the page I'm going to link to describing the award tomorrow.

http://amiright.com/coolsiteoftheday.shtml

Written By: Red Ant on 10/06/05 at 8:00 pm

I'll take a look tomorrow and vote. Also submitted one to "Tubthumping" called "Chumba-Mumbling" that is another (and last for a while in all likelyhood) misheard lyrics parody. Hope that is funny enough for a title.

Written By: Arwen on 10/07/05 at 3:17 pm

How come, on the link at the top of AmiRight, it says we're the cool site of the day on October 9th?  Is it today?  Or the 9th?

Not that it matters, I guess...

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/07/05 at 3:22 pm

How come, on the link at the top of AmiRight, it says we're the cool site of the day on October 9th?  Is it today?  Or the 9th?

Not that it matters, I guess...

it was today the 7th... not sure where I got the 9th from, I'll have to change that.

doesn't matter really... not scoring very high on the voting, and from what I can tell, it's not really adding that much to the page views for the day.  This cool site thing is clearly way past it's prime.  I looked through the past sites today, and some of them are such junk (almost spam quality) that I have to think most people who get the email, would quickly grow tired of being sent a newsletter with such junk in it.

Check for new replies or respond here...