inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Caption contests on amiright now LIVE!

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/13/05 at 12:57 pm

I haven't added a comment ability for the closed contests yet, but here it is:

http://www.amiright.com/captions/

Let me know if you submit a picture for a contest.  I'm not sure if I'm going to allow anyone to run one, or just allow a handful of people to do it.  I guess it depends on how responsible people are when they rank the captions submitted.

I repeated the Kanye picture, just because I had it handy.

When you login to review contests, there's no navigation/advertising, just a bare listing.  It is case sensative on username and password.

Subject: Re: Caption contests on amiright now LIVE!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/14/05 at 10:35 pm

I noticed (or couldn't see) any captions so far, so I put mine in from the Kanye thread to see where and if it would appear, and I couldn't see it either

Is this part of the process? - ie. are you waiting until you have a bunch, then putting them all up together?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/15/05 at 10:12 am

I noticed (or couldn't see) any captions so far, so I put mine in from the Kanye thread to see where and if it would appear, and I couldn't see it either

Is this part of the process? - ie. are you waiting until you have a bunch, then putting them all up together?

everything submitted is ranked and shown after it closes (7 days later)

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/21/05 at 9:29 am

No matter how much you think you've tested new software you've written, it's always buggy when it goes live... >sigh<

Anyways, the first one should have gone up yesterday, but for some inexplicable reason I had set it to 8 days.. and then even when I fixed that, there were other display issues I missed in testing. 

The comments section will appear on the completed contests later today (once I finish writing the code for that...)

There was a couple that could have easily won for both of the completed contests... a lot more submissions than I had anticipated too.  Glad I spent the time to code it all up and get it working. 

We need more pictures though.  I'd like to put one up every weekday (at the very least).  Maybe a form where people who don't want to do the judging can just submit a picture for someone else to run the contest?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/21/05 at 11:48 am

Comments are now working... although they probably won't show up properly in the "latest comments" section.

Check for new replies or respond here...