inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Album cover parodies (photoshops)... let's see some of these performers

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/25/05 at 11:10 am

When the performers from this list all have covers done, I'm going to begin swapping out amazon ads on the artist pages with a parody

http://www.amiright.com/artists/

from what I can tell, these remain:

Good Charlotte
Offspring

let me know if any of the above are done and I'll shorten the list.

Subject: Re: Album cover parodies (photoshops)... let's see some of these performers

Written By: philbo on 11/04/05 at 5:11 pm

Well, I've done Queen and AC/DC; Kristof's done the U2

...and I've just had a really good idea for the Spice Girls ;)

Subject: Re: Album cover parodies (photoshops)... let's see some of these performers

Written By: Lil' Mak on 11/05/05 at 3:40 pm

I've done Christina Aguilera, The Police, and Destiny's Child, and I submitted one on The Spice Girls, and one on Shania Twain, but they haven't been posted yet.

Written By: Lil' Mak on 11/08/05 at 9:07 am

I've also done Pink, and Bob Dylan. And the Shania Twain one, and The Spice Girls one have been posted.

Written By: Lil' Mak on 11/08/05 at 9:08 am

Oh yeah also Billy Joel.

Written By: RGC3 on 11/08/05 at 2:39 pm

Trust me, I had an AC/DC parody in mind....but that was back when I still had Paint Shop Pro. ;D :-[

Written By: RGC3 on 11/08/05 at 2:41 pm

Oh yeah and also, Luke Brattoni did a Nelly one...

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/08/05 at 8:47 pm

Chuck, could you cross off each artist once they're done? That way we won't be wasting our brilliant talents on already-done groups.

Written By: Rob on 11/09/05 at 5:30 pm

Indeed...

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/10/05 at 2:57 pm

Chuck, could you cross off each artist once they're done? That way we won't be wasting our brilliant talents on already-done groups.

I planned on doing that, and totally forgot.  It should be up to date now.

Written By: Lil\' Mak on 11/10/05 at 4:00 pm

These ones have been done: Metallica, David Bowie and Smashmouth.

Written By: Lil' Mak on 11/12/05 at 8:44 am

and Backstreet Boys too.

Written By: philbo on 11/14/05 at 5:44 pm

Trust me, I had an AC/DC parody in mind....but that was back when I still had Paint Shop Pro. ;D :-Gary Numan photoshop: I've never had enough material to make a "Are Friends Electric"/"Are Sith Dyslexic" parody, so this was the perfect opportunity (and I'm fairly pleased with the result, I have to admit).  Anyway... must get off to bed.

Written By: philbo on 11/17/05 at 2:09 pm

Shame that gifs don't seem to want to work... I couldn't resist this concept...

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/17/05 at 2:17 pm

Shame that gifs don't seem to want to work... I couldn't resist this concept...

yeah, the thumbnail process creams it real good, otherwise it would have gone up

Written By: Lil Mak on 11/19/05 at 7:37 am

KISS has been done.

Written By: Lil Mak on 11/21/05 at 8:20 am

Backstreet Boys has been done.

Written By: Lil Mak on 11/22/05 at 6:35 am

Beach Boys has been done.

Written By: Lil Mak on 11/22/05 at 7:10 am

Outkast has been done.

Written By: Lil Mak on 11/24/05 at 11:46 am

Nine inch Nails has been done, Rolling Stones has been done, Elton John has been done.

Written By: Lil Mak on 03/24/06 at 11:57 am

Offspring has been done.

Written By: Lil Mak on 03/25/06 at 12:11 pm

Good Charlotte has been done.  THAT"S EVERYTHING!  WOOT!  WOOT!

Check for new replies or respond here...