inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: News section on front page of site... replace it with something else?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/11/05 at 2:39 pm

I think the title/format is just to constricting that's there right now.  I was originally envisioning a funny music headlines for the site, but it just doesn't appear to get much attention.  I'm not sure if I put more work into trying to locate headlines everyday, whether it would be worthwhile or not.

I was thinking of maybe something where anything dealing with music and somewhat longer descriptions, like blogs do.  Just none of that silly "current mood" nonsense, or long talks about personal life stuff.  Maybe more like Slashdot or digg where people suggest stuff dealing with music and humor to be highlighted.

Maybe blog isn't the right term.  More like a "links to cool stuff" of the day type of format.

or maybe something else

I also gave some thought to pulling down a music feed from mtv or some other similar site, and then making the headlines into a caption contest.  With the vast amount of spamming though, it would need someone approving the "better" headlines to be swapped out.  So it would have to be a "yesterday's headlines" type of thing, where the front page of the site displays the approved headlines from the previous day.  It would require a team of editors to keep it running smoothly.

Subject: Re: News section on front page of site... replace it with something else?

Written By: Gonfunko on 11/12/05 at 12:37 pm

I like the idea of a more bloggish format, but I'm having difficulty visualizing the other ideas. Is there any chance that you could do a mockup of what you're thinking of making the homepage look like?

Check for new replies or respond here...