inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bought a new server - going to move amiright

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/16/05 at 8:18 am

In the next day or two, I'm going to disable all the scripts on the site, and put up a huge message on the top of the site letting people know that the site is being moved to a new server.  The server that inthe80s and amiright is running on, keeps crashing, and is getting pretty old at this point.  Hopefully it won't take too long to set it up and move it, but it will take a couple days for the domain name servers to reflect the address of the new server.

Subject: Re: Bought a new server - going to move amiright

Written By: Lil Mak on 11/22/05 at 4:08 pm

Would that have anything to do with me getting a message that says: "Couldn't find an album image for the URL specified" when I try to paste in an amazon URL when I'm on the submission page for album cover parodies?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/22/05 at 5:21 pm

Would that have anything to do with me getting a message that says: "Couldn't find an album image for the URL specified" when I try to paste in an amazon URL when I'm on the submission page for album cover parodies?

no.  It probably means there is no medium sized image available for that album cover

Written By: Lil Mak on 11/22/05 at 7:46 pm

What does that mean?

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/08/05 at 10:42 am

In the next day or two, I'm going to disable all the scripts on the site, and put up a huge message on the top of the site letting people know that the site is being moved to a new server.  The server that inthe80s and amiright is running on, keeps crashing, and is getting pretty old at this point.  Hopefully it won't take too long to set it up and move it, but it will take a couple days for the domain name servers to reflect the address of the new server.

ok, I said next day or two, but it turned out the new hosting provider didn't have the equipment ready, I needed more time to set things up, etc. etc.

anyways.  I think Dec 17-18 will be the weekend I move the site.  I'm going to do a practice run using a spare domain name and see what's involved in the next day or two.  It will probably take a week after stuff is moved to get everything working again.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/05 at 10:48 am

ok, I said next day or two, but it turned out the new hosting provider didn't have the equipment ready, I needed more time to set things up, etc. etc.

anyways.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/08/05 at 11:12 am

Will this Board be offline for any length of time when the change over happens? If so I will arrange a holiday so that I do not noticed.

nope, just amiright.com

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/05 at 11:16 am

nope, just amiright.com
Thanks, so no hoilday is required then.

Written By: nally on 12/08/05 at 11:29 am

nope, just amiright.com

okay. So let me get it straight...we can still access the board, but not Amiright.com. Is that right?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/05 at 11:30 am

okay. So let me get it straight...we can still access the board, but not Amiright.com. Is that right?
It seems that www.inthe00s.com will be untouched.

Written By: nally on 12/08/05 at 12:56 pm

It seems that www.inthe00s.com will be untouched.

Which is fine with me. :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/08/05 at 2:09 pm

correct.  inthe00s is on a server with a couple smaller sites.  The other decade sites, amiright and worcestermass all share the same server, which is getting old and unreliable.  So I bought a third server, and I'm going to begin by moving the biggest most difficult one first.

Written By: nally on 12/08/05 at 2:12 pm

correct.  inthe00s is on a server with a couple smaller sites.  The other decade sites, amiright and worcestermass all share the same server, which is getting old and unreliable.  So I bought a third server, and I'm going to begin by moving the biggest most difficult one first.

Yeah, those server things don't last a very long time. (Same with other computer components.) We would like to get a new home computer; the one we have now is five years old, has Windows 98 and MS Office 97 software on it... and on top of everything else, it likes to run slow at times.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/05 at 2:31 pm

Just now it seemed that the server was busy moments ago.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Written By: nally on 12/08/05 at 5:01 pm

Just now it seemed that the server was busy moments ago.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I get those messages periodically. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/05 at 5:01 pm

I get those messages periodically. :-\\
How often have you seen them?

Written By: nally on 12/08/05 at 5:02 pm

How often have you seen them?

Whenever it takes forever to connect to a link on this site. I click on a link, but the progress bar takes forever to fill in.

I had my first experience with this in May 2004.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/05 at 12:19 pm

Whenever it takes forever to connect to a link on this site. I click on a link, but the progress bar takes forever to fill in.

I had my first experience with this in May 2004.
I just hope I do not see it again!

Written By: nally on 12/09/05 at 2:08 pm

I just hope I do not see it again!

By the way, Phil, do you ever visit the amiright site?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/05 at 2:14 pm

By the way, Phil, do you ever visit the amiright site?
Once or twice, let me take a wander.

Written By: nally on 12/09/05 at 2:19 pm

Once or twice, let me take a wander.

Hmmmm....intresting.

I have been visiting that site lots of times over the last 5 1/2 years. In fact, I found this messageboard site through amiright.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/05 at 4:30 pm

Hmmmm....intresting.

I have been visiting that site lots of times over the last 5 1/2 years. In fact, I found this messageboard site through amiright.
Taken of amiright/jokes:

Q: What did Sarah Brightman say to Andrew Lloyd Webber when they divorced?
A: Time to say goodbye.

I will reading more with great interest

Check for new replies or respond here...