inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Yahoo Spammer on AmIRight

Written By: Red Ant on 12/22/05 at 3:10 am

I reported about 15 comments last night for a spammer using various @yahoo.com addresses. I probably missed a few, but I thought I'd bring this in the open.

All comments include:

~@yahoo.com as the name. CTRL+F finds them rather easily

and

~Horribly broken English that makes no sense.

Here's an example:

kjsdhkjhfdg@yahoo.com - December 21, 2005

Subject: Re: Yahoo Spammer on AmIRight

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/22/05 at 6:50 am

I reported about 15 comments last night for a spammer using various @yahoo.com addresses. I probably missed a few, but I thought I'd bring this in the open.

All comments include:

~@yahoo.com as the name. CTRL+F finds them rather easily

and

~Horribly broken English that makes no sense.

Here's an example:

kjsdhkjhfdg@yahoo.com - December 21, 2005  5:38:08 AM - Report Inappropriate Comment
Hi As in your guestbook to include support html?

Some date back to October, but several were posted yesterday and early this morning on the "comedy song recordings" section.

EDIT: This thread is loaded with spam:

http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1111413047.shtml

I always wonder why spammers even bother if they aren't even getting a link to their garbage.  This one is hopping around on IP addresess as well, so definitely not just a confused person or anything.

I think I caught them all

Written By: Red Ant on 12/22/05 at 2:17 pm

Well, as irritating as spam is, at least this guy gave me a few ideas for parodies.

BTW, just reported another 8 or so that appeared since my original post.

Written By: philbo on 12/30/05 at 7:10 pm

Makes me feel like writing a bot that spams those email addresses to hell and back again ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/05 at 7:31 pm

Makes me feel like writing a bot that spams those email addresses to hell and back again ;)

You know of course they're probably just made up email addresses, and even if they weren't, I doubt they're even being checked.

Written By: philbo on 12/30/05 at 7:55 pm

You know of course they're probably just made up email addresses, and even if they weren't, I doubt they're even being checked.

Does make one wonder, therefore, wtf is the point of the spam, then?  But you're probably right, anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...