inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Memberships

Written By: Josh2 on 12/23/05 at 3:20 pm

OK, so I guess this has been thought of before. But after reading other posts I'm guessing there is people posting lots of Spam and voting 1s for no reason etc. also there are lots of new guys posting under names that are already taken, as I did and I posted a few under a different name. Anyway, have you ever thought of creating memberships, free obviously but with a password so you can keep a track of people who do post and vote and submit so that you can also discipline those who spam, vote stupidly or repeatedly posting inappropriate songs. I understand that it would take a while but it could help.

Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Memberships

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/23/05 at 5:55 pm

OK, so I guess this has been thought of before. But after reading other posts I'm guessing there is people posting lots of Spam and voting 1s for no reason etc. also there are lots of new guys posting under names that are already taken, as I did and I posted a few under a different name. Anyway, have you ever thought of creating memberships, free obviously but with a password so you can keep a track of people who do post and vote and submit so that you can also discipline those who spam, vote stupidly or repeatedly posting inappropriate songs. I understand that it would take a while but it could help.

Thoughts?

Spam is nothing new to the comment section.  If it gets worse, I'll find a way to block more of it.

voting stupidly isn't really something you can punish

Check for new replies or respond here...