inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WhatFreaks site status

Written By: Seamonkey on 02/05/06 at 10:54 am

Hey there kiddos!  So, I'm new to the works and figgered I'd ask about the WhatFreaks site over here!  It doesn't seem that it gets as much attention as AmIRight... and that's alarming for the clergy of "adult" parodies I have.  I mean, a song about Poo-Poo Stains didn't even make it on AmIRight  :\'(
So I was seeing if this post could enlighten me (and thereby the voices in my head) on the workings and/or status of WhatFreaks... I know there have been tech probs, but I've other questions, like thus and such:
+ "Can parody songs from WhatFreaks be entered in SOM contestests and etc?" 
+ "Can WhatFreaks songs be discussed in this forum?" 
+ "When are new songs gonna be able to be received for WhatFreaks?"
+" Does more than three questions in one post resemble someone poking you over and over and over going 'Hey', 'Hey', 'Hey' over and over and over?"

Sorry, I've just got a majority of "risque" or "just downright wrong" parodies!

Go easy on me, my peeps!  Like I said, I'm a newbie (but well versed in the art of question asking!).

Subject: Re: WhatFreaks site status

Written By: Red Ant on 02/05/06 at 5:03 pm

Hey there kiddos!  So, I'm new to the works and figgered I'd ask about the WhatFreaks site over here!  It doesn't seem that it gets as much attention as AmIRight... and that's alarming for the clergy of "adult" parodies I have. 

Whatfreaks got more attention when the comments were enabled. Unfortunately, spamming the comments caused them to go away. I do look on occasion at whatfreaks but yeah, when a parody stays posted for 10+ days an picks up not a single vote it is a bit discouraging (I suppose, I haven't posted over there)

I mean, a song about Poo-Poo Stains didn't even make it on AmIRight  :\'(

Hmm, if it had uncensored harsh cursing or very graphic/borderline sexual situation it might have got a rejection for AmIRight.

So I was seeing if this post could enlighten me (and thereby the voices in my head) on the workings and/or status of WhatFreaks... I know there have been tech probs, but I've other questions, like thus and such:
+ "Can parody songs from WhatFreaks be entered in SOM contestests and etc?" 

SOTM rule: "Any song first appearing at AmiRight during the contest month (this year) is eligible."
ABC rule: No rule stated though I do know Jeff disallowed a whatfreaks entry last year.

So the answer is no.

+ "Can WhatFreaks songs be discussed in this forum?" 

Hmm, you'd have to be very careful not to violate the inthe00s.com guidelines, otherwise your posts may wind up deleted. A PM is probably better to discuss racy things.

There was a messageboard for whatfreaks but it appears to have been done away with.

+ "When are new songs gonna be able to be received for WhatFreaks?"

No idea there.

+" Does more than three questions in one post resemble someone poking you over and over and over going 'Hey', 'Hey', 'Hey' over and over and over?"

Ow, quit it. Ow, quit. Ow, quit it.  ;D

Ask all the questions you want.

Sorry, I've just got a majority of "risque" or "just downright wrong" parodies!

Go easy on me, my peeps!  Like I said, I'm a newbie (but well versed in the art of question asking!).

No problem Seamonkey.

By the way, ChuckyG, if you read this, any chance that when whatfreaks is back up that the password system in place on AmIRight can be implemented over there?

Also, if you're willing to enable comments again in the future I'm willing to report spam.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/05/06 at 5:14 pm

By the way, ChuckyG, if you read this, any chance that when whatfreaks is back up that the password system in place on AmIRight can be implemented over there?

Also, if you're willing to enable comments again in the future I'm willing to report spam.

thanks for answering those questions for me...

If there's a problem with author names getting abused, I'll definitely implement it. 

I'll also turn the comments back on, but will need to port the changes from amiright first.

I've been doing way too much around the house lately to do any work on the weekends, I didn't even do a parody update this weekend (2nd or 3rd week in a row I missed both days).  Usually I would use my down time at work to take care of some of these issues, but that site is naturally blocked, so it limits when I can work on it.

Written By: Seamonkey on 02/05/06 at 5:36 pm

Hmm, if it had uncensored harsh cursing or very graphic/borderline sexual situation it might have got a rejection for AmIRight.

Nah, no cursing or sexual situations... it's a song about leaving streaks in yer drawers... I dunno what criteria would take the song out of consideration... there's a line that says "You were only supposed to be my weekend lover... now it seems you've moved on in..." and it's a parody of Purple Rain by Prince, so the "weekend lover" was already in there anyway... oh, and it uses the word "stanky"... THAT could've done it!!!  ;D

But hey, thanks for answering... tis appreciated.  I'll look for the contest in March then. 
I sure hope WhatFreaks gets it going a bit, I don't do just outright cussing and gratuitous sex lines and such, I look to be, well, disturbingly funny.  I get to my points in more roundabout ways then using the 'F-word' over and over and being Mr. Pottymouth.  I mean, the subject matter might make you cringe, but I aim for randy WIT!  To tell the truth, alot of the stuff on there is too gratuitous and renders the parody less funny than if it were witty...

Anyway, if you've heard "Altarboy" or "Yeast a' Burnin'" or something like that offa my site then you'd understand.  I don't want to be overly VULGAR but not too PRUDISH in parody either!  Thus my questions, cuz that's just the kinda guy I am.
Thanks again fellow fellows!

Check for new replies or respond here...