inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whither Photo Caption Updates?

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/08/06 at 10:02 am

Whither, oh whither? ???

Subject: Re: Whither Photo Caption Updates?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/06 at 10:16 am

Whither, oh whither? ???

yeah, they've been whithering away lately.  I think I need to either hand the task over to someone else to review and approve them, or just stop allowing new entries and judge the completed contests.  I enjoy reading them, but hate having to score them.  Maybe change the way it's run, and just let people put in their responses without scoring?

It's one of those things where, I couldn't do it for a couple days, and then figured a few more days wouldn't hurt... and now I'm just embarrased that I haven't done it at all.

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/08/06 at 2:20 pm

Hey, why not? Make it an open-ended contest, but keep the same deadline, so there isn't an overabundance of entries. That way you (or whoever the admin. will be) simply has to view submitted photos and entries once or twice a week for legality and morals.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/06 at 2:26 pm

Hey, why not? Make it an open-ended contest, but keep the same deadline, so there isn't an overabundance of entries. That way you (or whoever the admin. will be) simply has to view submitted photos and entries once or twice a week for legality and morals.

I did kind of like the idea of putting the best one up for the replacement title.  Maybe I'll still pick "my favorite" but avoid rating the rest.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/14/06 at 1:56 pm

it's not open ended, but it no longer requires me to rate them all.  I can if I want to, but don't have to.

So I went ahead and processed all the old ones, and put some new pictures up.  I'll keep up on it from now on.

Check for new replies or respond here...