inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another new look for amiright?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/15/06 at 2:46 pm

another incremental change in the look of amiright:

http://amiright.com/index10.shtml

I think the type and gradient background on the left-hand navigation bar is a bit too much, and I don't like the blue behind everything... so here's a different look for the homepage to reflect those changes. 

I'm still thinking about removing items from the front page (like the caption contests) and maybe re-arranging things in general.  This mockup is more for the changes to the stuff that gets seen across the entire site.

Subject: Re: Another new look for amiright?

Written By: Gonfunko on 02/15/06 at 5:38 pm

I prefer the general appearance of the mockup. However, I absolutely can't stand mint green, and overall it seems just a bit too light. A little more color (and no mint green!) would make it look great.  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/16/06 at 9:38 pm

I prefer the general appearance of the mockup. However, I absolutely can't stand mint green, and overall it seems just a bit too light. A little more color (and no mint green!) would make it look great.  :)

well, green is part of the logo, so it will be reflected to some extent in the site colors.  It's not really a "mint" green, but it's hard not to approach it when you're doing a soft color for a background that you need to be able to still read black and blue text on.

The wife liked the new changes too, though I'm still not happy with it.  I'll probably roll it out until I finalize the next design (which will involve more graphics, so it will take a little more time to perfect and roll out)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/17/06 at 10:03 am

http://www.amiright.com/amiright-1.gif

here's another possible mockup.  Not sure if I like it enough to make it happen or not

Written By: larry on 02/18/06 at 11:09 pm

I liked the first new one better, really.  Blue was a nice overall color for the site.  The links looked nicer too.  I don't like either of the two brand new ones anywhere near as much.  ???

Written By: Red Ant on 02/19/06 at 7:05 am

I guess I like darker colors. The left-hand column would look better if it were the darker green that the right hand column is. Also, the field where the parodies appear would look better IMO a few shades darker blue or a different color altogether.

As for the .gif image, it's kind of hard to tell what the site would look like by that picture, though I like the beige (at least, I think it's beige) background color. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/19/06 at 8:28 am

http://www.amiright.com/amiright-2.gif

the newer look with a better color scheme.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/19/06 at 8:31 am

I liked the first new one better, really.  Blue was a nice overall color for the site.  The links looked nicer too.  I don't like either of the two brand new ones anywhere near as much.  ???

I can't figure out which ones you're referring to...

You mean you liked the one that was up until the end of this week, where the lefthand links had the dark background and the small type?  I liked it too, but it was a bit too small and hard on the eyes to use everyday.  I couldn't scale it up in size without making the actual content smaller.

Written By: larry on 02/19/06 at 9:23 pm

Right, I liked the one that was in use until a few days ago.  The new ones are:  the one currently being used, and the first gif picture.  But the new gif picture looks better.  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/20/06 at 1:05 am

Though off topic did you intend a late update on Sunday Chucky? If so, I do hope that todays' update is also later (or not at all) so that the parodies up now, which are considerable in number, can have more than half a day on the front page.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/20/06 at 7:17 am

Though off topic did you intend a late update on Sunday Chucky? If so, I do hope that todays' update is also later (or not at all) so that the parodies up now, which are considerable in number, can have more than half a day on the front page.

correct.  it wasn't going to be a late update, but I got interrupted half-way through it.  So I won't do an update until Tuesday

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/06 at 1:36 pm

http://www.amiright.com/index11.shtml

here's a working prototype page... added a gardient background, which takes away that harsh all solid blue background

Written By: adagio on 03/26/06 at 3:11 pm

Well. 2 cents worth here.  I really don't like the heavy dark brown border in use right now.  I loved it when the front page was various shades of blue.  There seemed to be enough green in there to reflect the Amiright logo, but wasn't overpowering.  It seems as if the only attractive shade of green, IMHO, is something in the order of moss green, which might be too dark to read through.

Check for new replies or respond here...