inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A request for the Album photoshops

Written By: philbo on 02/21/06 at 10:59 am

Is there any chance you'll be able to get the album parody script to cope with GIFs, or more specifically animated GIFs?  I've got a few that are kind of fun...

For example (I think you need to click the pic to see it animated)

Subject: Re: A request for the Album photoshops

Written By: philbo on 02/21/06 at 11:01 am

...or an animated version of my "Stairlift to Heaven" photoshop:

Subject: Re: A request for the Album photoshops

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/21/06 at 12:31 pm

Is there any chance you'll be able to get the album parody script to cope with GIFs, or more specifically animated GIFs?  I've got a few that are kind of fun...

For example (I think you need to click the pic to see it animated)

The reason it doesn't work, is it needs to be able to make a thumbnail image and a medium image.  It's the resize that's screwing up the upload process.  I do the resize so the thumbnail can be seen on the front page of the site, and eventually on the artist summary pages too.

I think the only way to get around the limitations of the library I use for resizing the images, would be to make someone submit three diifferent sizes for the album.  Which means more work for everyone involved (I have to write the script, the author has to make three copies). 

so I don't think it'll be happening anytime soon

Check for new replies or respond here...