inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which will happen first, 100,000 misheard lyrics or 50,000 song parodies

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/06 at 8:43 am

Your guess is as good as mine. 

The number of song parodies submitted has dropped off quite a bit lately.

Subject: Re: Which will happen first, 100,000 misheard lyrics or 50,000 song parodies

Written By: nally on 04/21/06 at 5:17 pm

hmmm... I dunno, Chuck :-\\

Misheard Lyrics: 86943
Song Parodies: 41398

Since more misheard lyric entries are submitted, we might get to 100K of those sooner. I remember when there were less than 10,000 of each; in fact, I've been a regular visitor to your site for just about six years this month. (In fact, the day I discovered your site --- April 25, 2000 --- was a Tuesday, and that very same date this year will also be a Tuesday! Isn't that amazing?) :D

Anyhoo, I think one of these milestones will be reached within a year.

Subject: Re: Which will happen first, 100,000 misheard lyrics or 50,000 song parodies

Written By: Red Ant on 04/22/06 at 3:05 am

Let me do some quick math in my head... I think 100k misheard lyrics will be reached first - IIRC misheard lyrics are approved roughly 40 a day, parodies maybe 30 a day, though not every day has an update. Neither number will be reached this year - I think 10 months for the lyrics and 12 for parodies will be needed to reach 100k and 50k.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/23/06 at 11:19 am

hmmm... I dunno, Chuck :-\\

Misheard Lyrics: 86943
Song Parodies: 41398

Since more misheard lyric entries are submitted, we might get to 100K of those sooner. I remember when there were less than 10,000 of each; in fact, I've been a regular visitor to your site for just about six years this month. (In fact, the day I discovered your site --- April 25, 2000 --- was a Tuesday, and that very same date this year will also be a Tuesday! Isn't that amazing?) :D

Anyhoo, I think one of these milestones will be reached within a year.

I think amiright went live as a seprate entity right around that time too... you must have been a regular visitor to inthe80s at that same time.

I didn't even make a notice of the anniversary on the front page of the site this year

Written By: nally on 04/23/06 at 6:14 pm

I think amiright went live as a seprate entity right around that time too... you must have been a regular visitor to inthe80s at that same time.

I didn't even make a notice of the anniversary on the front page of the site this year

Inthe80s? No. I found the Amiright site when I was "Googling" some song lyrics (I forget which song) and came across a page that had misheard lyrics, so I clicked on that link...to check out what was on there. And ever since then, I've dropped by at least once a week to check out what's on there. I have visited inthe80s from time to time, though.

Check for new replies or respond here...