inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Paid Survey Scams

Written By: Dee Range on 04/25/06 at 11:33 am

I noticed, on one of the parodies on this website, an ad by a company called "paidsurveysonline.com", an offer of $75 dollars right now, to take a marijuana survey. If you type the company name into RIPOFFREPORT.COM, you will see 29 complaints against this company for internet fraud....and those are just the people who know about the ripoffreport.com site. Nearly 100% of these survey companies are fraudulent...the legitimate ones offer between 2-15 dollars.per survey. If you see an ad for surveys offering big money, make sure you check out ripoffreport.com before sending them $35 or more to join....the legit survey companies don't require you to buy something first.

Just a word to the wise, from a careful man

Your friend in parody
Dee Range

Subject: Re: Paid Survey Scams

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/25/06 at 12:22 pm

I noticed, on one of the parodies on this website, an ad by a company called "paidsurveysonline.com", an offer of $75 dollars right now, to take a marijuana survey. If you type the company name into RIPOFFREPORT.COM, you will see 29 complaints against this company for internet fraud....and those are just the people who know about the ripoffreport.com site. Nearly 100% of these survey companies are fraudulent...the legitimate ones offer between 2-15 dollars.per survey. If you see an ad for surveys offering big money, make sure you check out ripoffreport.com before sending them $35 or more to join....the legit survey companies don't require you to buy something first.

Your friend in parody
Dee Range

sounds like someone left a spam comment, can you report it using the "report inappropriate comment" link so it can be removed.

Written By: Dee Range on 04/25/06 at 2:06 pm

Chucky, this was not a "spam" comment. This was an advertisement that regularly occurs on the right side edge of parodies , in the same place where the ads for albums (of the original artists, for the original song) are located. You can find it at this URL.....http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/merlehaggard1.shtml.  At the top of the ad it says  "ADS BY GOOGLE"

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/25/06 at 2:09 pm

Chucky, this was not a "spam" comment. This was an advertisement that regularly occurs on the right side edge of parodies , in the same place where the ads for albums (of the original artists, for the original song) are located. You can find it at this URL.....http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/merlehaggard1.shtml.  At the top of the ad it says  "ADS BY GOOGLE"

ok... that's different.  I can add their site to my ad filter to prevent them from showing up

Written By: Marian on 04/25/06 at 3:17 pm

Your friend in parody
Dee Range
I'd sure like to know what the good ones are,if there really are any.

Written By: Dee Range on 04/26/06 at 11:48 am

Chucky G, check out the AD BY GOOGLE on TJC's parody today....here...http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/franksinatra75.shtml

I suggest you filter out every ad with the word 'survey' in it. If you can find even ONE person in the world who has received a gift card for $1000.00 worth of gas, just for filling out a survey, I will be more than surprised. Yes, onlinerewardcenter.com is listed on RIPOFFREPORT.COM

I don't know why companies like GOOGLE, with their zillions of dollars, permit scam artists to advertise with them...I guess even they are feeling the gas crunch, and were fooled into thinking even they could get free gas to fill up their luxury SUV's

Your vigilante, but angry-at-the-scammers friend

Dee Range

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/06 at 12:24 pm

Chucky G, check out the AD BY GOOGLE on TJC's parody today....here...http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/franksinatra75.shtml

I suggest you filter out every ad with the word 'survey' in it. If you can find even ONE person in the world who has received a gift card for $1000.00 worth of gas, just for filling out a survey, I will be more than surprised. Yes, onlinerewardcenter.com is listed on RIPOFFREPORT.COM

I don't know why companies like GOOGLE, with their zillions of dollars, permit scam artists to advertise with them...I guess even they are feeling the gas crunch, and were fooled into thinking even they could get free gas to fill up their luxury SUV's

Your vigilante, but angry-at-the-scammers friend

Dee Range

not really possible, I can only add in single domain names.  the google ad filter is fairly stupid

I also won't see the same ads as you sometimes, so it's not really possible to check out what is there.

google is making record setting profits... so my guess is these folks are buying a lot of ads or something, which is why they're still making it through

Check for new replies or respond here...