inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why are the Misheard Lyrics archives never updated?

Written By: Sir Lemming on 04/30/06 at 1:25 pm

I've seen this happen with several bands.  The main band page will have new misheard lyrics as they are submitted, but when you click on "additional misheard lyrics from this artist" it's always the same set, not updated in several months.  Which means there are tons of lyrics submitted in the past few months that have showed up on the main band page and then disappeared to make way for newer ones, and are not in the archive anymore.  What gives?

For an example of this, just go to virtually any band page and compare what's on the main page with what's in the band's Misheard Lyrics page.

Subject: Re: Why are the Misheard Lyrics archives never updated?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/30/06 at 3:30 pm

I've seen this happen with several bands.  The main band page will have new misheard lyrics as they are submitted, but when you click on "additional misheard lyrics from this artist" it's always the same set, not updated in several months.  Which means there are tons of lyrics submitted in the past few months that have showed up on the main band page and then disappeared to make way for newer ones, and are not in the archive anymore.  What gives?

For an example of this, just go to virtually any band page and compare what's on the main page with what's in the band's Misheard Lyrics page.

I thought I had fixed that.  I've seen this before, wasn't aware it was still occuring.  I'll look into it this week

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/02/06 at 1:16 pm

I just ran the update scripts.  They all ran fine, so I guess this is something I either need to schedule, or check to make sure it's up to date every couple days.

Written By: Sir Lemming on 05/02/06 at 11:11 pm

Hey, it seems to be fixed now.  Cool!

Check for new replies or respond here...