inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New editors needed for amiright

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/02/06 at 2:14 pm

The following pages need one or two editors to review new entries and clean them up or delete them. 

* Song Lyrics That Name Check Celebrities
    * Song Lyrics That Mention Brand Name Products
    * Song Parody Fragments

and the parody performer names also need an editor, to fix spelling issues, naming conventions, etc.

you don't get paid for it, but you do get a new title under your name on the site and access to a couple boards for the editors.  You also help new entries make it onto the site, since the editors for the above pages are moving on and won't be approving new entries.  It's not something that requires you to visit the site every single day and if you only want two or three sections, shouldn't take much time every week.

if you're currently an editor on amiright and want one of those sections (and think you can handle it) let me know as well.

Subject: Re: New editors needed for amiright

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/07/06 at 10:33 am

Someone also needs to clean up the Caption section--links to old pix have expired.

Or should it be dropped altogether?  ??? It seems to have been placed on low priority for admins and web visitors alike (myself included).

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/06 at 12:07 pm

Someone also needs to clean up the Caption section--links to old pix have expired.

Or should it be dropped altogether?  ??? It seems to have been placed on low priority for admins and web visitors alike (myself included).

I'm retiring the caption section for now... it's a cool idea, but finding links that work to pictures that are also "caption worthy" and don't expire too quickly is way too much work.  If I had a source of pictures it was legal to host on the server, I'd bring it back to life in a moment. 

Written By: nally on 06/28/06 at 4:32 pm

I've always wanted to be an editor... how does it work?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/06 at 5:17 pm

I've always wanted to be an editor... how does it work?

basically, there's a list of the pages you review.  You select one, and a form comes up with all the info submitted for that page, one at a time.  You can edit any of the fields to clean it up, or delete the entry entirely.

Written By: nally on 06/28/06 at 5:19 pm

basically, there's a list of the pages you review.  You select one, and a form comes up with all the info submitted for that page, one at a time.  You can edit any of the fields to clean it up, or delete the entry entirely.

Sounds good. ;) Do I need to have a certain software application program to do this?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/06 at 5:19 pm

Sounds good. ;) Do I need to have a certain software application program to do this?

no, it's all done through your browser

Written By: nally on 06/28/06 at 5:22 pm

no, it's all done through your browser

Awesome 8)

So do editors get sent the new entries and stuff via email?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/06 at 5:25 pm

Awesome 8)

So do editors get sent the new entries and stuff via email?

nope. you get a special web address to log into, and it's all done inside of the browser

Written By: nally on 06/28/06 at 5:28 pm

nope. you get a special web address to log into, and it's all done inside of the browser

Sounds good to me!

So all the sections listed here:

The following pages need one or two editors to review new entries and clean them up or delete them. 

* Remove a Letter From a Song Title
    * Add a Letter From a Song Title
    * Change a Letter From a Song Title
    * Song Titles That Answer Other Song Titles
    * Literally Impossible Song Titles
    * Song Lyrics That Mention Other Songs
    * Song Parody Fragments

* and the parody performer names also need an editor, to fix spelling issues, naming conventions, etc.

...currently need people to edit them?

If so, I was thinking I might wanna do at least one or two.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/06 at 5:41 pm

Sounds good to me!

So all the sections listed here:...currently need people to edit them?

If so, I was thinking I might wanna do at least one or two.

yes, all of those now need someone.  most of them get three or four submissions a day, and have been left alone for the past month.  The first couple days will be just you getting caught up.  It really only requires updates once or twice a week when the backlog is cleared.

the remove/add/change a letter pages should probably all go to the same person if possible.

Written By: nally on 06/28/06 at 5:51 pm

yes, all of those now need someone.  most of them get three or four submissions a day, and have been left alone for the past month.  The first couple days will be just you getting caught up.  It really only requires updates once or twice a week when the backlog is cleared.

the remove/add/change a letter pages should probably all go to the same person if possible.

Cool...I think I'd like to do the remove/add/change sections.

I'm sure I can find time in my semi-busy schedule to do it. ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/06 at 6:05 pm

Cool...I think I'd like to do the remove/add/change sections.

I'm sure I can find time in my semi-busy schedule to do it. ;)

cool.  I seem to be getting the most complaints about that one at the moment.

Written By: nally on 06/28/06 at 6:11 pm

cool.  I seem to be getting the most complaints about that one at the moment.

Is it because it's not getting updated very much? Or do people complain about things like the letters get changed instead of added, or things like that?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/06 at 7:07 pm

Is it because it's not getting updated very much? Or do people complain about things like the letters get changed instead of added, or things like that?

because it wasn't updated for the past month.  Those pages are fairly low key as the complaints go.

Written By: nally on 06/29/06 at 11:28 am

because it wasn't updated for the past month.  Those pages are fairly low key as the complaints go.

I see.

Now thanks to me, they're out of the update drought.

Written By: DarklordMatt on 06/30/06 at 11:54 am

* Song Titles That Answer Other Song Titles
    * Literally Impossible Song Titles
    * Song Lyrics That Mention Other Songs
    * Song Parody Fragments

and the parody performer names also need an editor, to fix spelling issues, naming conventions, etc.

you don't get paid for it, but you do get a new title under your name on the site and access to a couple boards for the editors.  You also help new entries make it onto the site, since the editors for the above pages are moving on and won't be approving new entries.  It's not something that requires you to visit the site every single day and if you only want two or three sections, shouldn't take much time every week.

if you're currently an editor on amiright and want one of those sections (and think you can handle it) let me know as well.

Can I become a editor? If so How? I am new to inthe00s but not to amiright I have submited parodies myself and would love to become an editor.

Written By: Melissa on 07/05/06 at 1:55 pm

If you are still in need of an editor, I'd love to do it.  Just let me know what to do.
???
Melissa

Written By: ask me later on 07/15/06 at 8:45 pm

I'd love to be an editor for amiright! How do I sign up, or what do I need to do to become one?

Written By: nally on 07/15/06 at 8:48 pm

If you are still in need of an editor, I'd love to do it.  Just let me know what to do.
???
Melissa

I'd love to be an editor for amiright! How do I sign up, or what do I need to do to become one?

You have to let ChuckyG know. Before you do that, I think you have to register for an account on the forum here. I don't think he allows guests to be editors.

Written By: Neo Matrix on 07/16/06 at 2:03 pm

I would like to help :)

Subject: I'm your new editor

Written By: Veronica Hope on 07/17/06 at 6:58 pm

Hi I'm an excellent proof reader and copychecker... I also want some experience writing with my luva's music collection at my disposal. Lemme know if I can help.

Spellcheck button? Pfft, I don't think so.

Written By: Jofus on 07/17/06 at 9:05 pm

Yo, I would love to be an editor for your site, I have lots of time on my hands and I love the site, it makes me laugh so hard at some of the misheard lyrics and such.... I have made some posts recently on the Chevelle page as Joseph and Pete Loeffler. E-mail me!

Written By: paradox1 on 07/18/06 at 6:48 pm

First off, I came across this page looking up some lyrics that I pretty much KNEW that I had right and someone else telling me that I was wrong. I am happy to say that I was able to give that person a link just to show that I was, indeed, right.  ;D Anyways, I saw something saying that you needed new editors. I'd absolutely LOVE to help out with something like that. I'm a bit of a spelling and grammar nazi myself, so I really feel that I'd be a pretty good candidate for the job. I actually registered on this site just for the sole purpose of applying. So, at the time that I'm posting this...I don't even have my profile details set up.  :P I will take care of that shortly though. If you think I make the cut, just msg me and let me know. Thanks!

- miranda -

Written By: nimrod_1986 on 07/18/06 at 8:41 pm

I am hoping to join the editors' team in amiright.com. I am a very big fan of the site and I have often submitted parodies of my own (Aussie Bob) I am currently studying to be a teacher and I love to proofread.

Please message me.

Written By: Matthias on 09/21/06 at 11:01 pm

I'm interested what would the job entail?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/22/06 at 7:04 am

I'm interested what would the job entail?

basically there's a page you visit in your browser which shows you the new entries as they get approved, one by one.  You either delete the bad ones, or you edit the good ones to make sure they are capitalized properly and spelt ok.

You don't have to do it everyday, just once or twice a week.

Written By: Jason on 10/05/06 at 3:45 pm

* Song Parody Fragments

I love to have a go at being an AmiRight editor!

Do I need to meet certain criteria? Do I need special software? If I was chosen to be an editor when can I begin?

Thanks. Jason

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/06 at 4:32 pm

I love to have a go at being an AmiRight editor!

Do I need to meet certain criteria? Do I need special software? If I was chosen to be an editor when can I begin?

Thanks. Jason

no special software needed, just a browser.  You have to be able to check your section (and review at least some of the entries) at least twice a week.

Written By: Matthias on 11/05/06 at 9:00 pm

I'm up for it, what do you want me to do Chucky?

Written By: skittlesking on 01/15/07 at 2:11 am

If fragments still needs an editor, I'll take it, just tell me what you need.

Written By: nally on 01/15/07 at 2:12 am

If fragments still needs an editor, I'll take it, just tell me what you need.

I think someone is already in charge of the Fragments.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/15/07 at 2:23 am

Oh Well, I tried:)

Written By: nally on 01/15/07 at 2:27 am

Oh Well, I tried:)

Chucky will eventually post an updated list of sections that need editors, I'm sure.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/15/07 at 8:25 am

I think everything is taken care of at the moment on amiright.  inthe70s,80s,90s all need new editors.  I'll probably be working on those sites a lot in the next few weeks.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/15/07 at 7:33 pm

Never been to any of those others. . .but I'm obssessed with the 80s and 90s, I guess I could. . .help there if you need it, what's available. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 01/15/07 at 7:40 pm

Hey Chucky G, I started a small radio station dedicated to AmIRIght.com parodies yesterday, it's by submission only, so far it's me (Below Average Dave), Ethan (Vocally Challenged is his chosen name), and Kristof Robertson.  We kinda just got together and decided that we would band together and try to get a station of comedy music that wasn't about rapid successing cussing, prank calls or comedy skits--which is what dominates the Comedy Charts at Soundclick.  Since I named it after AmIRight, I figured I should tell you and I know you check this board more often than the one I posted it in. . .I will update it daily, and it is directly tied to the artist, I'm the DJ on it. . .but the artists will dominate the music, they will also be the ones that listen to it the most to help it raise in the charts on Soundclick.com, the idea was born today, and starting off with 8 songs isn't half bad. . .I didn't think you'd have a problem with it, but figured I should mention it to you so that you are aware of it.  There is another station named after AmIRight on Soundclick that I noticed today when I created this one, but I don't know the person who runs it and their username does not appear to be here. . .but mine will be hosted based on the wishes of the artists on this site.

Written By: mandamoo on 01/21/07 at 2:59 am

I think everything is taken care of at the moment on amiright.

I'm not sure, but I think my old Nonsensicals still need an editor  ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/21/07 at 5:04 pm

I'm not sure, but I think my old Nonsensicals still need an editor  ???

it does.  I'm going to make a list this week of sections that appear to need editors.

I'm also going to add a half dozen or so new sections as well

Written By: Josh2 on 01/21/07 at 6:20 pm

Hey Chucky G, I started a small radio station dedicated to AmIRIght.com parodies yesterday, it's by submission only, so far it's me (Below Average Dave), Ethan (Vocally Challenged is his chosen name), and Kristof Robertson.  We kinda just got together and decided that we would band together and try to get a station of comedy music that wasn't about rapid successing cussing, prank calls or comedy skits--which is what dominates the Comedy Charts at Soundclick.  Since I named it after AmIRight, I figured I should tell you and I know you check this board more often than the one I posted it in. . .I will update it daily, and it is directly tied to the artist, I'm the DJ on it. . .but the artists will dominate the music, they will also be the ones that listen to it the most to help it raise in the charts on Soundclick.com, the idea was born today, and starting off with 8 songs isn't half bad. . .I didn't think you'd have a problem with it, but figured I should mention it to you so that you are aware of it.  There is another station named after AmIRight on Soundclick that I noticed today when I created this one, but I don't know the person who runs it and their username does not appear to be here. . .but mine will be hosted based on the wishes of the artists on this site.

If it's on Soundclick feel free to add my insanely bad voice singing parodies at www.soundclick.com/Josh2

Written By: nally on 01/21/07 at 9:03 pm

it does.  I'm going to make a list this week of sections that appear to need editors.

I'm also going to add a half dozen or so new sections as well

Cool...I can't wait to find out what the new sections will consist of ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/21/07 at 10:09 pm

If it's on Soundclick feel free to add my insanely bad voice singing parodies at www.soundclick.com/Josh2

It is, and done!, Welcome artist number 6

Written By: lpg_unit on 03/30/07 at 6:38 pm

* Song Parody Fragments

Uh, Monsieur Chucky, you might consider putting me as one of the editors - I'm on vacation from school right now and I hope I could help in contributing in your site. Maybe the song parody fragments or any other new section will do... - Blake = )

P.S.: Just use the LPG-Unit pseudonym for the editors page

Written By: Jason on 04/04/07 at 9:34 am

Hey ChuckyG,

Any chance I could have a go at editing the Song Parody sections please? Would love to have a go at contributing to the site.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/04/07 at 10:14 am

Hey ChuckyG,

Any chance I could have a go at editing the Song Parody sections please? Would love to have a go at contributing to the site.

The song parody section is mine, always has been, always will be.  I'm the only person I trust to get them up there almost every single day of the week.

these are the current sections without an editor

Band Names -> New Career
Band Names -> Former Career
Band Names -> Celebrities Who Sing
Band Names -> If Groups Combined, Their Names Might Be
Band Names -> Singers Who Act
Band Names -> Better Off Solo?
Real Lyrics -> Songs That Open With Their Titles
Real Lyrics -> Songs That Spell Things Out
Real Lyrics -> Boasting
Real Lyrics -> Nonsensical

Written By: Jason on 04/04/07 at 10:39 am

The song parody section is mine, always has been, always will be.  I'm the only person I trust to get them up there almost every single day of the week.

these are the current sections without an editor

Band Names -> New Career
Band Names -> Former Career
Band Names -> Celebrities Who Sing
Band Names -> Singers Who Act
Band Names -> Better Off Solo?
Real Lyrics -> Songs That Open With Their Titles
Real Lyrics -> Songs That Spell Things Out
Real Lyrics -> Boasting
Real Lyrics -> Nonsensical

I do apologise ChuckyG, I meant the Song Parody Fragments section. However I would like to have a go at editing one of the Real Lyrics sections you mention in that list.

Written By: nally on 04/04/07 at 6:28 pm

I know I already have a few sections now, but I'd like a go at this one:

that is, if no one else decides they wanna do it.

Written By: Jason on 05/18/07 at 6:36 pm

ChuckyG, are you going to do any 'recruiting' for new editors in due course?

Jason.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/18/07 at 8:41 pm

ChuckyG, are you going to do any 'recruiting' for new editors in due course?

Jason.

I think for now amIright is fine.  The decade sites, inthe70s,80s,90s need editors... especially the 90s site.

Written By: Max Power on 05/18/07 at 9:31 pm

I think for now amIright is fine.  The decade sites, inthe70s,80s,90s need editors... especially the 90s site.

Wouldn't mind.

Check for new replies or respond here...