inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One site has gone... but another shall soon rise in it's place...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/28/06 at 10:24 am

http://amiwrong.com/

I'm slowly working on a new site, to use the domain name I registered at the same time as amiright.com.  I'm moving the quizzes from amiright and adding several THOUSAND more, as well as branching into movies and TV shows.

I've got the logo finished, and a rough markup of an overall design for the site.  There's some quizzes working behind the scenes at the moment, mostly though I've been building up material for the questions.  Going to have lots of the matching style quizzes.

I'm hoping for the site to be open September 15th.  It might slip later than that, but that's my goal right now anyways.  If you'd like to help me test the site itself out before it goes live (and get to try your hand at some of the quizzes, etc)  respond in this thread.  I'll contact you when I'm ready for a "limited beta".

Subject: Re: One site has gone... but another shall soon rise in it's place...

Written By: Josh2 on 07/28/06 at 11:10 am

man that is a crazy logo

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/28/06 at 12:54 pm

man that is a crazy logo

um, ok...

Written By: Josh2 on 07/28/06 at 3:23 pm

crazy as in good

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/28/06 at 4:31 pm

crazy as in good

oh... ok.  I wasn't sure

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/28/06 at 9:37 pm

oh... ok.  I wasn't sure

check it out with a black background, which is what it'll be on eventually (all black background site)

http://amiwrong.com/images/amiwrong-1_b2.gif

Written By: holicman on 07/29/06 at 3:13 am

Im happy to help you out :)

Written By: nally on 08/02/06 at 1:51 pm

check it out with a black background, which is what it'll be on eventually (all black background site)

http://amiwrong.com/images/amiwrong-1_b2.gif

Hey Chuck... love the logo ;)

Anyways I look forward to seeing the site when it's up.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/04/06 at 5:18 pm

Sorry, Chucky, but I don't dig the logo at all. If you didn't tell me it was called

"Amiwrong", I wouldn't know what it was. Looks more like "AHWONG".

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/04/06 at 5:19 pm

Semi relevant to the thread, I came to this forum to note that Cat's recently added quiz about One Hit Wonders is missing the text for one its questions.

Subject: Re: One site has gone... but another shall soon rise in its place...

Written By: nally on 08/04/06 at 5:23 pm

Sorry, Chucky, but I don't dig the logo at all. If you didn't tell me it was called

Come to think of it, it does look like it's got an H in it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/07/06 at 11:25 am

I think I'm going to replace the I with the same i from the amiright logo, since the sites will be tied together a little bit (going to keep the music quiz thing on the front page of amiright, but link it to the new site).

I think if I change the color of the AM portion to something else, that'll remove any remaining confusion when people see it.  Not sure why you didn't see the r in wrong, but I guess it just looks a lot like the name Wong... I almost though of registering amiwong 'cuz Ami Wong could be a name... (missing the e's on Aimee)

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/07/06 at 3:15 pm

Ami Dolenz, talentless daughter of Mickey, probably wouldn't mind the free publicity.  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/08/06 at 5:53 pm

I changed the logo again... I had a whole layout I could have shown off soon as well, but it turns out the matching quizzes aren't going to work very well unless everyone has a very high resolution monitor (so clearly, I can't use that design).

anyways, if you put your mouse over it, you can see the old logo (animated!)

Written By: Josh2 on 08/22/06 at 6:00 pm

loving the new logo, any chance the i could go all the way round? :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/23/06 at 8:58 am

loving the new logo, any chance the i could go all the way round? :D

doesn't it when you hover your mouse over it?

I finally came up with a new site layout that is nice.  It's not going to set the design world on fire, but it's good enough for me.  It's a burgandy color with black.  I'm going through the stuff I've already designed and cleaning up the layouts today.  If all goes well, I might make the self-imposed middle of the month roll out date for the site.

Subject: Re: One site has gone... but another shall soon rise in its place...

Written By: nally on 08/23/06 at 1:42 pm

doesn't it when you hover your mouse over it?

Oh... yes, the thing in the middle (which is a lowercase "i"... or an upside-down exclamation mark) moves into three different positions when I rest my mouse over it. That is, when I click on the link for the "amiwrong.com" homepage.

The logo that's in reply #5 (on the previous page) has a capital "I" which does not move when the mouse pointer rests on it.

Written By: Josh2 on 08/24/06 at 11:34 am

yes i no it goes into 3 positions, i dont mean to sound ungrateful but it would be awesome if it automatically just span slowly all the way round.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/24/06 at 12:13 pm

yes i no it goes into 3 positions, i dont mean to sound ungrateful but it would be awesome if it automatically just span slowly all the way round.

I think I know what you mean.  Instead of making it go upside down, I changed it so it just has an extra step in there, so it's a little smoother (such that it is).

Written By: Josh2 on 08/25/06 at 1:12 pm

No chance of it spinning all the way automatically? instead of when you put your mouse over it?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/25/06 at 3:11 pm

No chance of it spinning all the way automatically? instead of when you put your mouse over it?

oh hell no... I could, but that would be super annoying when you're trying to read the content on the pages.

I like it more as a "hidden" feature. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/25/06 at 3:18 pm

Well, the site is ready for it's first set of visitors.

There's no music/tv/misc quizzes in place yet, but the music section has stuff to try out.  If you're interested, drop me a PM and let me know.

Check for new replies or respond here...