inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Blatantly "made up" misheard lyrics

Written By: Jason on 10/10/06 at 2:58 pm

Dear ChuckyG

I have noticed that some "misheard lyrics" on the site are blatantly made up. For example on the Wham! page: http://www.amiright.com/artists/wham.shtml
someone has submitted "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" misheard as "Throw The Jew Down The Well". There is NO WAY this can be regarded as misheard. Also on the Queen misheard lyrics section, "Bohemian Rhapsody" crops up misheard as "Bohemian Rap City" or "Bohemian Rap CD", except that Bohemian Rhapsody is never sung in the song!

Subject: Re: Blatantly "made up" misheard lyrics

Written By: nally on 07/12/08 at 6:56 pm

Dear ChuckyG

I have noticed that some "misheard lyrics" on the site are blatantly made up. For example on the Wham! page: http://www.amiright.com/artists/wham.shtml
someone has submitted "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" misheard as "Throw The Jew Down The Well". There is NO WAY this can be regarded as misheard. Also on the Queen misheard lyrics section, "Bohemian Rhapsody" crops up misheard as "Bohemian Rap City" or "Bohemian Rap CD", except that Bohemian Rhapsody is never sung in the song!

I just happened to come across this. I know this message is kind of old...but I would like to report that those "made up" misheards are all gone now. I have been reviewing existing entries for the past four months, getting rid of duplicate entries, fixing problems with the existing ones, and getting rid of bogus mishearings. There are plenty more that probably still have faults with them, but I will get to those when I have a chance.

Check for new replies or respond here...