inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: parody comments and ChuckyG

Written By: JohnD on 10/11/06 at 2:49 am

Sometimes people post nasty or off-topic comments under our parodies that are not offensive enough to click the "report inappropriate content" button.

Can you give us the ability to delete comments and/or turn off comments after-the-fact (like youtube.com does)??  (Or would you consider that an assault on free-speech?)

And what is the password when submitting for?  Can't we use the password to log in to a personal account where we can do things like what I described above?

:-\\

Subject: Re: parody comments and ChuckyG

Written By: Red Ant on 10/11/06 at 3:28 am

Granted, I'm not ChuckyG, but...

Sometimes people post nasty or off-topic comments under our parodies that are not offensive enough to click the "report inappropriate content" button.

Yeah, occasionally they do. That is one of the few hazards, and one of the many benefits of enabling comments upon submission.

Nasty comments have inspired me to write several parodies, or, in a very few cases, re-evaluate my parody topic/direction.

Can you give us the ability to delete comments and/or turn off comments after-the-fact (like youtube.com does)??  (Or would you consider that an assault on free-speech?)

Well, ChuckyG will probably field this one, but my guy instinct is "no". If you can't handle criticism that is NOT inappropriate, consider leaving the "allow comments" box unchecked when you submit a parody.

As far as deleting/toggling comments goes, I'm sure ChuckyG has the ability to allow each author to edit comments under their parodies. However, this is probably nowhere near as easy a request code-wise as it may seem, and asking Chucky to do more than he already does is probably asking too much.

And what is the password when submitting for?  Can't we use the password to log in to a personal account where we can do things like what I described above?

:-\\

The password is for protecting your author name against someone else using it to post crap/plagiarized parodies on AmIRight and not much more.

Written By: transylvaniandutch on 10/15/06 at 1:57 pm

The password is for protecting your author name against someone else using it to post crap/plagiarized parodies on AmIRight and not much more.

Does this mean if I submit a parody, and use a different password than I used for a previous parody, it won't be accepted?
I'm not sure I've submitted all my parodies in the past few days with the same password...though it's possible I have.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/15/06 at 7:52 pm

Does this mean if I submit a parody, and use a different password than I used for a previous parody, it won't be accepted?
I'm not sure I've submitted all my parodies in the past few days with the same password...though it's possible I have.

you probably have used the same password, otherwise it will tell you so when you enter the password that it is incorrect.

Check for new replies or respond here...