inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Moderators

Written By: adagio on 10/30/06 at 7:20 am

Chucky it seems that on the messageboard, I've lost track of how to become moderator...is it as simple as introducing a thread or do you pick the mods out? If it's inroducing a thread, is it location?  A certain type of thread?

Subject: Re: Moderators

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/30/06 at 12:22 pm

Chucky it seems that on the messageboard, I've lost track of how to become moderator...is it as simple as introducing a thread or do you pick the mods out? If it's inroducing a thread, is it location?  A certain type of thread?

back in the summer I picked out new moderators for some "special topic" style boards.  Those moderators are responsible for their own board, making sure new topics get posted, and deleting stuff that doesn't belong. 

There's two global moderators who monitor all the boards on inthe00s.  They were picked based on how long they've been here, how often they post, how well they appear to behave with other members, etc.

There's also a third type, which is just one person, CatWoman who awards the highlighted messages for the front page.  She's not a moderator in the usual sense of the word though.

it's not really based on a single thing like post count.  I don't plan on adding anymore mods of either type in the near future.

Subject: Re: Moderators

Written By: adagio on 10/30/06 at 8:15 pm

Thanks, Chucky.

Check for new replies or respond here...