inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Search for Authors ...tech issue?

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/22/06 at 12:36 pm

When you pull a search by Parody Author name, the resulting list page says that the author's parodies are listed in the order they were added to Amiright. I searched my own name and all the proper songs are there, but the resulting list is not in any indentifiable order.

Just a nitpick, but thought this should be pointed out.

Subject: Re: Search for Authors ...tech issue?

Written By: nally on 11/22/06 at 12:41 pm

You can sort according to a certain field by clicking the "option button" to the left of the field name. For example, if you wanna see them according to "original song title", you just click on the dot next to that field. You don't have to put anything in the field itself, though.

Written By: nally on 11/22/06 at 12:42 pm

Here...this is a list of your parodies sorted by "Parody song title":

http://www.amiright.com/parody/search/search.php?input00=&inputSort=1&input01=&input02=&input03=agrimorfee&SearchTerms=4&Start=0

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/28/06 at 1:35 pm

I am saying that the explanatory paragraph says that the songs are listed in the order they were submitted...and that is not the case, no matter how you sort them.

Now, anyone can find when a parody was submitted simply by looking at the individual author's page--that is, if they have one. But coming from the Author search function, that doesn't happen, and evidently can't happen.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/28/06 at 2:31 pm

I am saying that the explanatory paragraph says that the songs are listed in the order they were submitted...and that is not the case, no matter how you sort them.

Now, anyone can find when a parody was submitted simply by looking at the individual author's page--that is, if they have one. But coming from the Author search function, that doesn't happen, and evidently can't happen.

The songs are sorted by when they are submitted on the search engine.  Unless you check the box next to a field to change the sort order to sort by that field instead.  I just tried it, and I compared it against your author page with the column sorted.  There is some slight differences, but only because you have several submitted on the same day.  I don't think the site tracks the hour:minute something is submitted for parodies, just the day. 

Check for new replies or respond here...