inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Problems Submitting Comments

Written By: Red Ant on 01/09/07 at 9:41 pm

ChuckyG,

From around 9pm tonight I've had problems submitting comments. I click the button and the site takes like 10 minutes to finally recognize them, that is if it doesn't time out and send me to the IE "This page cannot be displayed" screen. Every other part of the site seems to be fine and running at normal speed.

Apologies to those parodists who I didn't get to today.

Subject: Re: Problems Submitting Comments

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/09/07 at 9:51 pm

ChuckyG,

From around 9pm tonight I've had problems submitting comments. I click the button and the site takes like 10 minutes to finally recognize them, that is if it doesn't time out and send me to the IE "This page cannot be displayed" screen. Every other part of the site seems to be fine and running at normal speed.

Apologies to those parodists who I didn't get to today.

Appears a badly behaved spider or robot is hitting all the make_correction and make_suggestion links, despite them being very clearly marked as not allowed for spidering.  Will have to ban that IP I guess

I disabled the scripts for now

Written By: Red Ant on 01/09/07 at 10:08 pm

Appears a badly behaved spider or robot is hitting all the make_correction and make_suggestion links, despite them being very clearly marked as not allowed for spidering.  Will have to ban that IP I guess

I disabled the scripts for now

"Hey, there's a spider"

THWOCK! Splat!

"Bad spider!"

Most of what you said went over my head, but the comments are back to normal for now, so thank you.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/09/07 at 10:12 pm

"Hey, there's a spider"

THWOCK! Splat!

"Bad spider!"

Most of what you said went over my head, but the comments are back to normal for now, so thank you.

it's ok.  I checked my logs, and it appears what I said is wrong anyways.  Not sure what the problem is, but I do know the "make suggestion" and "make correction" links aren't working like they should so I've disabled them again.

Check for new replies or respond here...