inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Moving the site to a new server

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/12/07 at 8:29 pm

After I do the update for the parodies Saturday morning, I will be moving the server Saturday afternoon.

What this means, is that some people for a day or two will continue to see the old server.  I will put a message on the site, which states that you are looking at the old server.  When your computer starts to see the new server, you will no longer see the "moving" message.  If you submit a parody or anything else to the old server, it won't get seen by me or any of the editors.

I hope to have the move completed by the end of the weekend.  It may take a day or two to flush out bugs with the submission tools, etc.

Subject: Re: Moving the site to a new server

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/13/07 at 12:14 pm

I dont see the old server,I see nothing

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/07 at 12:25 pm

I dont see the old server,I see nothing

You're seeing the new server already.  I'm having some problems with uploading the old site to the new location, so it'll probably be a while before anything shows up

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/13/07 at 1:10 pm

You're seeing the new server already.  I'm having some problems with uploading the old site to the new location, so it'll probably be a while before anything shows up
Ah! I see! Alright!

Written By: EthanM on 01/13/07 at 1:15 pm

I see what appears to be links to a parent directory and severa zip files. That must be the server moving.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/14/07 at 8:10 am

What happened to the latest comments section?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/07 at 9:01 am

What happened to the latest comments section?

it requires something called a "cron job" to run.  I haven't set those up yet.  Should happen at some point today.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/14/07 at 10:05 am

I see the latest comments, but the time stamps are messed up. For example:

ChuckyG - January 00, 1900  12:00:141932572 AM - Report Inappropriate Comment
If you are reading this, congratulations, this is the new server! Stuff may still be broken from the move, I'm still looking for bugs.

However, on the URL, the comment time is displayed correctly:

ChuckyG - January 13, 2007  7:30:54 PM - Report Inappropriate Comment
If you are reading this, congratulations, this is the new server! Stuff may still be broken from the move, I'm still looking for bugs.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/14/07 at 10:52 am

Uh Chucky, my authors page (and I'm guessing everyone elses) seems to be missing something. Mainly, everything I posted since mid-August 2005 foward isn't showing up - it appears that page was generated from a very old saved file. Even a few parodies I had deleted are displayed there.

I thought for a second that votes were lost, but it's just the author's page showing incorrect amounts, not the parodies.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/07 at 11:05 am

I see the latest comments, but the time stamps are messed up. For example:

ChuckyG - January 00, 1900  12:00:141932572 AM - Report Inappropriate Comment

However, on the URL, the comment time is displayed correctly:

ChuckyG - January 13, 2007  7:30:54 PM - Report Inappropriate Comment

ok... fixed that.  I screwed that up when trying to make the script run quicker.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/07 at 11:07 am

Uh Chucky, my authors page (and I'm guessing everyone elses) seems to be missing something. Mainly, everything I posted since mid-August 2005 foward isn't showing up - it appears that page was generated from a very old saved file. Even a few parodies I had deleted are displayed there.

I thought for a second that votes were lost, but it's just the author's page showing incorrect amounts, not the parodies.

you might need to give me more info than that.

I just checked out the author page for people who submitted today, and their new ones appear to be there.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/07 at 11:09 am

nevermind, I see the issue.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/14/07 at 11:19 am

Both are fixed now. Many thanks.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/07 at 12:35 pm

Both are fixed now. Many thanks.

Let me know if anything else is broken.  I'm fixing stuff as I find it.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/14/07 at 3:02 pm

Well I still can't log into the editing page. Maybe my password isn't good anymore because I've tried several times with my password. Also, there was some new spam, and a lot of entries were repeated a few times, resulting a lot more submissions than I have time to edit or erase.
Let me know if anything else is broken.  I'm fixing stuff as I find it.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/15/07 at 2:09 am

I apologize, I didn't see the news, because I was busy all weekend, hope all is well. . .I submitted a recording on Saturday, and had I been half awake when I did it would have held, I don't want to double submit, so just let me know if I should submit it again--my fault for not paying closer attention to the news section.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/15/07 at 8:26 am

I apologize, I didn't see the news, because I was busy all weekend, hope all is well. . .I submitted a recording on Saturday, and had I been half awake when I did it would have held, I don't want to double submit, so just let me know if I should submit it again--my fault for not paying closer attention to the news section.

I think you need to resubmit, I don't think there are any recordings in the queue at the moment

Written By: Red Ant on 01/15/07 at 6:02 pm

I've noticed parodies that seemed fine a few weeks ago now have odd characters displayed. Examples:

"WITH – NO – SIDE – EF - FECTS" (hyphens have been changed)
"Went to break in…"(I think that was a colon before)
"©2006" (the

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/15/07 at 6:17 pm

I've noticed parodies that seemed fine a few weeks ago now have odd characters displayed. Examples:

"WITH – NO – SIDE – EF - FECTS" (hyphens have been changed)
"Went to break in…"(I think that was a colon before)
"©2006" (the

Check for new replies or respond here...