inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Here's an idea!

Written By: Steven Choi on 02/02/07 at 10:20 am

What if the songs were all listed somehow so that the ones with the highest ratings or the most nmber of views are first? Frankly, I'm tired of reading every parody and finding so many that stink. The editors could make it easier on those who prefer to read the ones with more quality and hilarity.

How about that?

Subject: Re: Here's an idea!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/02/07 at 11:11 am

What if the songs were all listed somehow so that the ones with the highest ratings or the most nmber of views are first? Frankly, I'm tired of reading every parody and finding so many that stink. The editors could make it easier on those who prefer to read the ones with more quality and hilarity.

How about that?

I used to maintain a list of best voted songs, broken down by week, month and all time.  You know what happened?  People began cheating the vote system to try and make the list.  I got sick of trying to filter out the cheaters. Every online site I've ever visited that has a poll or some sort of voting, has cheaters, or ways to beat the system. 

There's only one editor, me, and trying to say which parodies out of close to 50,000 are the best and the worst would be way too time consuming and one sided.

I recommend checking out the "Song of the Month" competitions, which are all peer reviewed and tend to be the best from each author every month.

Written By: EthanM on 02/02/07 at 7:23 pm

I think the top 100 lists still exist but they're harder to find and not really thought about anymore. I don't remember the link anymore.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/02/07 at 8:30 pm

I think the top 100 lists still exist but they're harder to find and not really thought about anymore. I don't remember the link anymore.

after the server upgrade they won't update anymore anyways

Written By: EthanM on 02/03/07 at 3:02 pm

Ok. My parodies haven't gotten enough votes for the list for a while, anyway.

Written By: Steven Choi on 02/06/07 at 10:21 am

Well, do you think it might be okay if you could put the ratings next to each song while I search or scanning the lists? There's a column for parody name, parody performer, orginal song, and orginal performer, but no column for ratings. That could be added on the far right.
However, I'm not asking for a search engine for the ratings, as people would just ask for 555s and it would also add incentive to hack and cheat.

Check for new replies or respond here...