inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Misheard Lyrics submission question

Written By: Jimmy Williams on 02/03/07 at 9:31 pm

My wife and I submitted a lot of misheard lyrics recently.  But, we were clicking the "suggest different misheard lyrics" link under the song.  After doing this, the button said "preview parody."  Now, I just noticed that there is another link on the bottom of the page to submit misheard lyrics.  Did we inadvertently submit to the parody section instead of the misheard lyrics section?  I don;t think any of our misheard lyrics submissions got posted and I just wanted to make sure we were submitting them correctly.  Great site, by the way!

Subject: Re: Misheard Lyrics submission question

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/03/07 at 10:14 pm

My wife and I submitted a lot of misheard lyrics recently.  But, we were clicking the "suggest different misheard lyrics" link under the song.  After doing this, the button said "preview parody."  Now, I just noticed that there is another link on the bottom of the page to submit misheard lyrics.  Did we inadvertently submit to the parody section instead of the misheard lyrics section?  I don;t think any of our misheard lyrics submissions got posted and I just wanted to make sure we were submitting them correctly.  Great site, by the way!

no, looks like I just mislabeled a button.

New misheard lyrics can take up to a week to appear.  That section is setup to dole them out 50 at a time over the week, so there are new ones every weekday for the site.  That way the editor only has to approve new entries on the weekend.  It's first come first served, so if you sent them on Friday or this weekend, they'll show up next Thursday or Friday.

Written By: nally on 02/05/07 at 6:57 pm

New misheard lyrics can take up to a week to appear.  That section is setup to dole them out 50 at a time over the week, so there are new ones every weekday for the site.  That way the editor only has to approve new entries on the weekend.  It's first come first served, so if you sent them on Friday or this weekend, they'll show up next Thursday or Friday.

Wow. I figured it took about a week or so for them to show up. I remember I used to submit some almost every week and they'd show up the next day. (This was back in 2000/2001.) Since '02/'03, however, I've noticed they've taken several days to come up (sometimes weeks).

Written By: RKzer on 03/15/07 at 5:17 pm

Hey, I was a member several years ago before everything changed.

Where is the Misheard Lyrics section? 

There once was a separate section in the "good ol' days" Am I just missing it?

Thanks

Written By: nally on 03/15/07 at 5:18 pm

Uhm...that would be right here:

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/

Written By: RKzer on 03/15/07 at 5:32 pm

Well, nally Sir, I certainly do thank you for the prompt post.

Written By: nally on 03/15/07 at 5:44 pm

No prob. ;)

The design of it has just changed over the years, that's all.

Check for new replies or respond here...