inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TSB Attacked

Written By: skittlesking on 03/16/07 at 8:29 pm

Someone is angry at TSB really badly apparently, they have made several submission in similar, but not exact, names that directly insult or attack him. . . I won't say I'm a huge fan of TSB's work as it is fairly repetitive and I never agree with the themes, but I also don't think it's right that whoever is posting under his name, even if they did mis-spell it, should be allowed to directly attack . . .I'm sure others will start posting the links here, I just wanted to make a general statement, becuase it is several parodies.

Subject: Re: TSB Attacked

Written By: lpg_unit on 03/16/07 at 11:21 pm

I guess TSB needs some help from us guys, although he might write parodies that doesn't seem to appeal to most of us, he's still a human that demands respect...

Written By: wildcard on 03/18/07 at 9:24 pm

Whoever attacked TSB left a comment on my work saying my work was crap.  At first not noticing the misspelling I left a comment asking him to define what he thinks crap means.  The message has been erased.  Seems someone had tried to make me look like the attacker.  I do have a suspect in mind. 

Written By: skittlesking on 03/18/07 at 9:35 pm

I don't know, but the drama of the site has gotten to a point that it's being used to personally attack other artists. . .saying crap on someone elses work with no reason is kinda pointless, and someone who does it is a jerk--those type do exist, but then to actually take and post parodies under another artist's name I personally think is just going a little too far. . .I doubt anything can be done about it except to just keep erasing it and not dignifying it with a response other than to tell Chucky so it can be dealt with accordingly.  Regardless of what I may feel as to the quality of certain artists work, I can't imagine what would cause me to waste so much time as to actually sit down, take a song, and parody it with hate and spew, anymore than understand how someone can do it with political venom so much. . .I write parodies to have fun and hopefully make people laugh. . .and I personally think that's what it was all meant to be.  I think some point and thought-provoking parodies are ok, but when they get to a point that they start being offensive, degrading or attacking--then the point of parody is lost.  Whoever is writing parodies about TSB under his name is not taking credit for his work, and that is rather sad.  I wanted to point out, Ann (wildcard), that I saw that post before the delete, whoever has been doing it is often using TSB's name also--which if it's not him means this person is trying to make TSB look like he's a complete jerk.  I have suspicions too, but I don't need that drama.  I will continue to post my occassional recording/parody, I just wanted to post here to make sure I wasn't the only one that saw what was going on, and if we just ignore the troll-whoever he or she may be--maybe the troll will go away, that's what I do with other certain argumentitive, unreasonable parodists on this site (although honestly I haven't had much time to read ANYONE's parodies lately--so I just read one of someone's everytime they comment on one of mine).  I'll try to keep my eye out for the whole continued TSB attack parodies, I can't imagine them continuing long if they keep getting deleted and no one comments on them, I mean the game whoever is doing this is playing requires more than one person.  If none of us play the game, then neither can he or she, which means they'll eventually give up.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/18/07 at 10:56 pm

Whoever attacked TSB left a comment on my work saying my work was crap.  At first not noticing the misspelling I left a comment asking him to define what he thinks crap means.  The message has been erased.  Seems someone had tried to make me look like the attacker.  I do have a suspect in mind. 

That comment was erased by me since the real TSB did not leave it. There was no intention on my part to make you look like the attacker, and I know you were not. I don't read every follow up comment to faked-name comments. Sorry for any confusion I caused you.

Written By: wildcard on 03/19/07 at 12:20 am

That comment was erased by me since the real TSB did not leave it. There was no intention on my part to make you look like the attacker, and I know you were not. I don't read every follow up comment to faked-name comments. Sorry for any confusion I caused you.

Let me try to say this again  The attacker left me that message and I didn't realize at first it was the attacker so I asked that definition question.  The next day is when TSB got attacked.  I caught on by then and knew it was erased because the commit was from the attacker.  No confusion here, everythings cool  8) 

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/19/07 at 10:03 am

This is the age old problem of the Internet, even pre-dating the web.  If you know how to solve it, patent it, you'll make a million.

If I forced user registrations, people would just find ways to fake their user registrations, or hack accounts, etc. 

Best to report it and get it deleted, if you respond, just respond and say you suspect something fishy.

Written By: wildcard on 03/19/07 at 11:19 am

This is the age old problem of the Internet, even pre-dating the web.  If you know how to solve it, patent it, you'll make a million.

If I forced user registrations, people would just find ways to fake their user registrations, or hack accounts, etc. 

Best to report it and get it deleted, if you respond, just respond and say you suspect something fishy.

I agree 100%  I just get mad and want to do something about things like this, but I'f I dont know what that is or how to go about doing it then it's best to just let it go.

Written By: Jason on 03/20/07 at 11:14 am

Well I suggested this a while back to ChuckyG when my parodies were getting 1'ed for no reason.

Im not saying that compulsory registration would completely eliminate the problem of 1-votes, impersonators etc, but I would feel it would dramatically reduce the problem.

What do you think ChuckyG and everyone else?

Jason.

Written By: wildcard on 03/20/07 at 5:21 pm

There's someone on the site taking peoples names.  Fake names = fake registry.  It would not stop 1ers or name takers.  It most likely would encourage worse things.

Written By: Jason on 06/12/07 at 11:20 am

I must admit, without any disrespect, I feel TSB brings it on himself sometimes. This is what I have noticed when browsing his massive library of parodies looking for the odd good one he writes.

Firstly, he has touched many a South Park's fan raw nerve here:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/elvispresley76.shtml

Secondly, he writes a parody about the September 11 attacks:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/descendents2.shtml

And here, he writes a parody slagging off the YouTube website:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/rollingstones101.shtml

So here, we can see why people poke fun at him. If he matured a bit and wrote some decent stuff; I mean he must have the capability to do so if he has done it for so long. I would love to see this author write some really kicking stuff that is worth reading.

Jason.

Written By: skittlesking on 06/12/07 at 7:10 pm

I must admit, without any disrespect, I feel TSB brings it on himself sometimes. This is what I have noticed when browsing his massive library of parodies looking for the odd good one he writes.

So here, we can see why people poke fun at him. If he matured a bit and wrote some decent stuff; I mean he must have the capability to do so if he has done it for so long. I would love to see this author write some really kicking stuff that is worth reading.

Jason.

While I agree that his topics are what turn people against him, I still think the best way to stop that is ignore it. . .I mean TSB doesn't seem to care wether or not there are comments, but I know it has to bug him when someone posts falsely in his name. . .it's not right.  When someone else posts as "Below Average Dave" I know I get just a little t'd.  We just have to keep our eye out for anything that doesn't seem right, if someone posts something that doesn't seem like they would say that (like IE, if I ever made fun of someone for their weight or said YouTube sucks, that comment wasn't by me). . .just like if anyone posted as Jason as said Poo Parodies rock, we should know that's not you, and I will do what I can to report false comments. . .as Chucky said there is no real way to stop the problem without being overintrusive, and I for one am not ready to give DNA samples to protect my parodies or name:)  But, if we work together we can combat it.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/17/07 at 5:45 pm

Jason.

Yep... That's definetly walking into a mine field. I've really like South Park myself(although I haven't watched it in awhile), although I'm not the type to attack an author over parody that bashes stuff. Maybe I'm alittle more lax when it comes to that.

Written By: skittlesking on 06/18/07 at 6:08 pm

Yep... That's definetly walking into a mine field. I've really like South Park myself(although I haven't watched it in awhile), although I'm not the type to attack an author over parody that bashes stuff. Maybe I'm alittle more lax when it comes to that.

Have to agree step-chan . . .though I tend to shy away from bash parodies (as I have a personal style that doesn't have room for things I don't like--I focus on things I do like), as long as it doesn't bash a parodist I don't see why anyone would go out of their way to attack someone for stating an opinion they don't agree with on a daily basis.  I personally disagree with probably 90% of TSB's opinions, but I respect that they are his opinions. . .I personally always thought Power Rangers were Cheesy, I still don't really know Lemon Demon and still confuse that with the candy Lemon Drops, Seasme street was dull when I was a kid--I deffinitely don't watch it now--but if that's what he's into. . .At the same time I loved No Doubt before Gwen went on her own, Green Day is my favorite band, and I think South Park is the boldest show on cable right now--so his negative opinions I strongly disagree with also. . .but I feel those are his opinions. . .odd and unpopular as they are--they are still his opinions.

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/19/07 at 8:00 am

I have said it before and I will say it again.

There is a certain artfullness to TSB's continued "artlessness". His obsessive themes of Sesame Street and other TV programs, obscure anime, and psyschological trauma (coupled with a disregard to song pacing and rhyme scheme) are quite fascinating, when you keep an open mind. You gotta love his tenacity. Whoever is aping TSB right now has no clue that nothing he does will change TSB's singular style.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/19/07 at 3:18 pm

Have to agree step-chan . . .though I tend to shy away from bash parodies (as I have a personal style that doesn't have room for things I don't like--I focus on things I do like), as long as it doesn't bash a parodist I don't see why anyone would go out of their way to attack someone for stating an opinion they don't agree with on a daily basis.  I personally disagree with probably 90% of TSB's opinions, but I respect that they are his opinions. . .I personally always thought Power Rangers were Cheesy, I still don't really know Lemon Demon and still confuse that with the candy Lemon Drops, Seasme street was dull when I was a kid--I deffinitely don't watch it now--but if that's what he's into. . .At the same time I loved No Doubt before Gwen went on her own, Green Day is my favorite band, and I think South Park is the boldest show on cable right now--so his negative opinions I strongly disagree with also. . .but I feel those are his opinions. . .odd and unpopular as they are--they are still his opinions.

I've voted on a parody that had a negative opinion on Kurt Cobain, I didn't give a low rating(I actually gave 555 if I remember). It goes to "You're so vain". I felt that the person did a good job voicing their opinion on it(it was actually done without being distasteful too). I'm a very big Nirvana fan as well.

Written By: Jason on 02/01/08 at 12:27 pm

Funny isn't it?

Just for the fun of it, I took my very first visit to the Whatfreaks.com site and I discovered FOUR attack by TSB directly aimed at Alvin Rhodes:

http://www.whatfreaks.com/parody/80s/reospeedwagon1.shtml
http://www.whatfreaks.com/parody/2000s/georgestraitandalanjackson0.shtml
http://www.whatfreaks.com/parody/2000s/steelydan0.shtml
http://www.whatfreaks.com/parody/misc/sesamestreet0.shtml

Yes, I know this topic is somewhat old, but I strongly feel that if TSB doesn't like being 'attacked' then he shouldn't be 'attacking' other people.

Jason.

Check for new replies or respond here...